Join our zoo community

Popular Junk Foods That You Happen to Hate

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by wensleydale, 6 Aug 2016.

1. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

Generaly I am not a meat eater ( :) ). I can't without dairy products (cheese, ice cream, yogurt- very acidic), milk, cabbage (fibers, manganese, potasium among other), orranges (vitamin C, alkaline, good for kidneys in particular) and cocoa (good for brain and heart). I love pineapple. I don't eat liver/any other organs other than muscles. I don't drink pure coffee (it makes me very stimulated and hangry) (except in Ness cafe). I can without snaks, drinks (I have never drunk myself). From meats I love chicken (roasted, smoked) the most. I am not a fan of fish nor sea food, and not at all of sushi (tiamine - depleting) or raw eggs (biotine-depleting). :)

One part of the post deleted, to not look like hijacking of the thread.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2016
  2. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member 5+ year member

What does the thread's name says? :p

3. wensleydale

wensleydale Well-Known Member

Donner kebabs don't seem to exist here in New England, I guess I dodged a bullet.

I forgot to mention I hate Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. Also, Payday bars. I generally don't like caramel either, with the exception of some sea salt caramels I got in a food co op. And peanut butter cookies, which is odd because I like peanut butter except once you bake peanut butter into something it changes flavor somehow and becomes disgusting.

4. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Once again-TMI, Nikola; TMI.

With all this display of animosity against soft drinks, I wonder how the Coca-Cola Company can still survive...

5. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member 5+ year member

That's strange as I like their drinks!

6. Batto

You seem to be the minority in this thread, @lowland anoa...

7. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

There is a very large part of the population that do like cola drinks, in particular young people (i.e. teenagers).

:p

Hix

8. Batto

Surprisingly, they don't seem to dwell on ZooChat-or are too scared to appear on this thread. ;)

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

sixteen people isn't much of a sample size for your purposes though...

wensleydale likes this.
  10. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

Yes lowland anoa but liked to add that. I had not experienced a lot what junk food zoos offers, since I have visited only four zoos till far in my lifetime :eek: (Skopje zoo have a mini restaurant with soft drinks, ice cream, ..)

11. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

And the thread is asking for examples of junk food you don't like, so will naturally attract people who don't like junk food - meaning the sample of 16 is entirely self-selecting and being led by the question.

Would never get through peer review. :D

wensleydale likes this.
  12. overread

overread Well-Known Member

What greatly surprised me is that whilst the hold on the western market might be weakening a little the 3rd world nations are drinking cocacola by the bucket full. We had a short display by a couple of people who went on a youth trip to help build/work within a local community and they reported that many people out there, esp but not only kids, were drinking cocacola more than water and that it was even seen as a healthy option to drink it (which one can understand considering water quality issues many of these areas can suffer from - even if their current water system is now suitable).

13. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

That makes some sense - a modern-day version of all the mediaeval peasants drinking ale all day because it too was 'safer' than water. Whatever harms there are, they are far less immediate than dysentery or cholera.

14. Hix

But we're not talking about zoo food, we're talking about junk food in general.

Hix

15. elefante

elefante Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I can't stand coffee either. I also don't like Oreo cookies or onion rings (I can't stand onions at all). This one isn't a junk food, but a condiment I don't like is yellow mustard.

16. Hix

Burger Rings - ugghh

Hix

17. elefante

elefante Well-Known Member 10+ year member

What are burger rings?

18. Batto

@Chli, Maguari, Hix: I should have added a ";)" or " ^^" to emphasize the not-too-serious intention of my remark...oh well.:rolleyes: (sic)

I can confirm overread's statement based on personal observation: I'm always surprised by the amount of Coca-Cola and other sweet beverages some of my African colleagues casually consume on a daily basis.

What really consternates me again and again though is the reaction of many Non-Europeans (especially Americans and Canadians) to sparkling (mineral) water. So carbonated water + sugar + flavours / food colorants / preservatives /alcohol and any other ghastly artificial ingredient = fine, but just carbonated water = diabolic swill ??? :confused:

19. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

same. I can't stand them.

20. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't really like burgers, crisps (with the exception of one brand), fizzy drinks (except sparkling water, lemonade to a certain extent and elderflower (which I'm slightly addicted to!)), the whole McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut et cetera thing and I can stand coffee, but would much prefer tea (which I don't see as junk food/ drink, unless you add sugar, which I have only had in tea the once after someone put it in my tea by mistake (it was about the worst tasting thing ever!!!)). Fish and Chips is one of my favourite foods/ meals however. :p