Join our zoo community

Popular Junk Foods That You Happen to Hate

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by wensleydale, 6 Aug 2016.

1. overread

overread Well-Known Member

It just proves most people don't like fizzy - they are in it for the alcohol/sugar rush ;)

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

skip to 4.15 on the following Youtube video for Burger Rings :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwuBYAcHkj0

Last night I ended up watching a whole bunch of "foreign people try NZ foods" videos. The one above isn't very good - the people are just really annoying - but it was the only one which had Burger Rings in it.

I liked this video (part one of two): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMdoScxuYkU

And this one also, for some reason to do with purple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rd2fKr2tA

3. wensleydale

wensleydale Well-Known Member

Duh. This kind of reminds me of shere hite's "research" (the quotation marks are mine). We have a low response rate and also the way the question is being asked has resulted in what is obviously a biased sample. This thread is a really good example of sampling bias.

Oh, and I hate gummy worms.

4. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Just avoid the foods you don't like. Call them junk if you wish, but there's no point in wasting valuable hate on them. Concentrate your hate where it is really needed and where it might do some good. My choice is politicians who inflate their egos by telling bigger and bigger lies each day (you can guess some of the examples I have in mind ;))

Alan

5. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Indeed, preach on Brother Gentle (though it's always good to practice a little hate on inconsequential, but deserving, targets).

Isn't that pretty much all of 'em :D.

6. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

As an Englishman, I agree with this principle and I certainly practise hating inconsequential things, such as deficient grammar :mad:

Alan

7. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Krispy Kreme Donut - could not possibly eat anything spelled so abominably, I like a freshly cooked 'proper' doughnut but never those synthetic nasties.

Cupcakes - over dressed-up buns. Yuk, lots of sickly sweet stuff on top.

8. wensleydale

Has anyone ever had Tang?

I have a love-hate relationship with it, though I haven't seen it in the supermarket for a while.

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I bought a bottle of passionfruit Mountain Dew yesterday. I don't think I've had Mountain Dew before. There's something wrong with that drink. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it sort of leaves a nasty feeling in your mouth, like there's something in it which shouldn't be there.

10. wensleydale

'll admit, I have never tried Mountain Dew, but the scent of it was enough to drive me away. Also, it had some commercials that I thought were stupid, so I decided to never buy the product.

11. Zygodactyl

Zygodactyl Well-Known Member

I hate salty snacks in any flavor other than plain because all flavors other than "cheese" seem to have onion powder (even "salt and black pepper," in three brands of chips and Triscuits). I hate the taste of cheddar cheese powder (never tried Cheetos; they're out by default) and I hate the taste of onion powder even more than I hate the taste of fresh onions. I also detest Pringles because they have a weird mouthfeel, though fortunately those seem to have died down in popularity. They were ubiquitous in my childhood.

I can't eat Skittles. They taste fine, but I used to get headaches after eating them, and now the taste of Skittles makes me think I'm going to get a headache. With the exception of Starburst all cherry-flavored candy tastes like cherry cough syrup, and since I don't like the taste of root beer I don't like root beer flavored candies. I also hate the taste of black licorice, but since the title says "popular" I'm not sure that counts.

Also, this isn't a junk food exactly, but I detest mayonnaise. (I don't like any sauce condiments, but mayonnaise is the only one people put on my food without asking me.)

wensleydale likes this.
  12. wensleydale

I agree, Skittles are the worst, whoever invented them should never be allowed near a kitchen again.

Zygodactyl and Coelacanth18 like this.
  13. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Skittles give me mouth sores for some reason, so I never eat them. Must be some acidic ingredient they use. I'll drink Mountain Dew like a pro though! I don't know why, but I really like the chemical-like aftertaste of energy drinks. Makes me feel a bit steampunk, I guess.

Also, whoever invented Circus Peanuts should never be allowed near a kitchen again. They taste like Styrofoam, but also stale somehow...?

wensleydale likes this.