Join our zoo community

Premier League 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by bongorob, 6 Aug 2017.

1. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I just don't think Liverpool are strong enough defensively to win the champions league . They're likely to get caught out if they play one of the stronger teams. If they get another good draw in the next round, they may make the semi-finals, but don't think they're good or consistent enough to beat 3 top teams.

2. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Since Stoke City gained promotion to the Premier League, Martin Atkinson has issued 20% of all the red cards given to a Stoke player. He has never sent off an opponent in a Stoke City match. That is not fair refereeing, that is a vendetta.

3. AdrianW1963

AdrianW1963 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Jose to leave Man Utd at end of season and be replaced by Brendan Rogers or Diego Simeone (A. Madrid) with quite a few regulars leaving the playing staff and many new faces coming in.

4. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Stop Bogarting. :p

5. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

I was on the verge of posting my first contribution to this thread earlier this evening to say well done to some country I have no idea about for winning the league again ... but then a guy from France (where I have been) scored to take the edge off the advantage the two other chaps from Germany and Belgium had given to the Catalan fella (working for a Middle East family who pretty much own a country according to some people). While I celebrated this French man's goal against the Brazilian keeper, I hadn't realised that he had in fact scored a second goal to totally neutralise the goals against his Spanish goal keeping team-mate. Wow! What a game! All it needs from my perspective is some contribution from a fella from England, afterall, it is the English Premiere League ... thank you Chris Smalling, who I have never fully believed in. I'm not really a fan of the game these days, but seeing fans of a team crying in their stadium, even though they are going to win the league makes me laugh. This mixed up post hopefully explains why I stay out of this thread :)

pipaluk likes this.
  6. bongorob

Meanwhile Stoke City took another step to achieving a minus 40 goal dlfference. I'm sure they can achieve this target with five games left.

7. littleRedPanda

you should be glad that you are returning to the world of real football :)

bongorob likes this.
  8. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This has been one of the most boring seasons as regards who will win the title, as Manchester City has more or less had it nailed on since October. I thought they would win it today when they were 2-0 up at half time. I wouldn't have guessed that United would win. I'll have to hope that Spurs beat City next weekend.

9. littleRedPanda

As a Man United 'fan' seeing Leicester do what they did was more exciting than a few seasons where United won. I used to disregard Chelsea's success because they spent what they did to do so and Man City followed (yeah, Man UTD spent money(earned not inherited)) but Man UTD have since Fergie left shown that money and big name managers do not guarantee league titles.
    I probably come across as a typical United fan making out it's "not a fair paying field" by dismissing the success of a middle eastern country to win the league again, but I started to lose interest when the Americans took the club over .... now we are playing the foreign manager roulette game too, I just rejoice when the others lose.

10. bongorob

I wonder what part of the word "research" it is that researchers do not understand? A quote from a TV mag about the live showing of Burnley v Chelsea stating that Burnley are hoping for their best ever place in the top flight. Er, not exactly, they finished as champions of the top flight in 1920–21 and 1959–60.

11. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

What has sport to do with zoo info?? Am I missing something??

12. TZDugong

TZDugong Well-Known Member 5+ year member

That's why it's in zoo café, which is basically for anything that's non-zoo related.

13. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

I understand. Am just getting to know where threads are, and which ones are for what! I will learn.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Apr 2018
    bongorob likes this.
  14. Chatt Wolf

Chatt Wolf Well-Known Member 10+ year member

As a Wolves fan,i guess i can start commenting on here next season. :D

Spurs bottle another trophy opportunity.I will be very surprised if they win anything under Pochettino,the mentality to get over the line isn't there.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2018
    bongorob likes this.
  15. bongorob

Welcome to the thread Chatt Wolf, I think you will be replacing me :D

Chatt Wolf likes this.
  16. Chatt Wolf

Yes indeed,it's not looking too healthy for you.
    Im so glad we binned off Lambert.

17. bongorob

I expected more from Paul Lambert. Now I can see why so many Stokies were underwhelmed by his appointnemt.

Stoke has won 6 games in 35, and he thinks they can win 3 of the last 4. No chance.

18. Chatt Wolf

Palace & Swansea possibly but i can see those being draws.

19. bongorob

Another "must win" game for Stoke ends in a draw. One win in 12 now for Lambert. If this clown is in charge next season, then I predict Stoke to go down to League One. The crazy thing is he still believes Stoke will stay up.

20. bongorob

So, now for the last two games. Stoke need three wins. Not much to ask. :p