Join our zoo community

Closed Problem logging in from Android phone

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by OrangePerson, 27 Jul 2014.

1. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am unable to log in to Zoochat on my Android phone. This is a longstanding problem but when I first had the phone (about a year ago) I could login. At some point I got logged out and now when I try I can't click into the box to enter my name it just disappears. Doesn't work using the supplied browser or Chrome.

Today I have updated my phone (4.3) hoping it would help but it doesn't. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

This is a common scenario. We found that the best way to log in is to try accessing a private page (e.g. member profile / photo thumbnail ) and then you'll find a log in page which you can use to log in and tick 'remember me'.
    Hope that helps. :)

3. robmv

robmv Well-Known Member 15+ year member

This seems to be a problem with all Android devices. The easiest way around it is to click on a username as this brings up a full-screen login page rather than the pop-up.

4. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

I seem to recall clicking 'new thread' works for a full-screen log-on as well. :)

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Or just bookmark http://zoochat.com/usercp.php ... this is your personal control panel for the forums ... will always prompt you for a username and password on a full page if you aren't already logged in.

6. OrangePerson

I'm in thank you all, I thought there may be a full page login but had no idea how to get to it.

7. OrangePerson

Could this maybe made sticky, just seen a discussion between two members who are having this problem.

8. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I have this problem on my tablet, to log in I have to find a post with an attachment, click on it then log in.

9. azcheetah2

azcheetah2 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'm unable to log-in from my Android tablet because the log-in box that pops up disappears everytime I click on it to enter my information. If I use my Flash-enabled Photon browser, I have no problem, but it will keep logging me out and it's a little slow. When I get home I will try to work-arounds. I can log in no problem from work, but I'm not at work 24/7. :D

10. OrangePerson

I have no problems on Android since using the workarounds suggested above.

11. azcheetah2

azcheetah2 Well-Known Member

Hurray! I am happy to announce that the work-around helped me with my log in issues. So happy. I'm glad I decided to look at Zoochat this morning. Thank you for this thread.

12. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Got an email from technical support and they said they're updating the website later this year and are going to sort out this problem.