Join our zoo community

Zoo København quickest way to Copenhagen zoo

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by eddielargefc, 4 Jun 2012.

1. eddielargefc

eddielargefc Active Member

Hi
    My family and I are keen zoo enthusiasts from the UK. In August we will be on holiday on a cruise in the Baltic. We are very keen to fit in a visit to Copenhagen zoo (we have visted the city's other highlights on previous trips) but only have limited time as the ship will only dock around Noon.

Is it very easy and quick to get from the quay to the zoo and is the best way by taxi, tram or bus?

Another cheekier question is are there any offers or discount vouchers for entry to the zoo that I should search out in advance ; ) (we are two adults a 7 yr old and a baby).

Any advice appreciated.

2. condor

condor Well-Known Member

No trams in Copenhagen. When visiting without children, we often walk from the city center to the zoo because the distance is fairly short (a few km). With children the fast and easy solution is a taxi, but there are regular busses that pass the zoo.

The webpage of the zoo lists the bus lines that stop close to the zoo (http://uk.zoo.dk/VisitZoo/How to find us.aspx). It looks like Line 26 passes close to the cruise port - click on the 26 link on the page: For a timetable, click on 'Download Køreplan' (mandag-fredag=Monday-Friday; lørdag=Saturday; søn- og helligdage=Sunday and public holidays). For a map of the bus route, click on 'Vis på Kort'. In the timetable, the zoo is very close to 'De Små Haver'. The dock is somewhere between 'Færgehavn Nord' (=Nordhavn) and 'Langeliniekaj' (=Langelinie Pier), depending on the exact dock used by the ship.

The local S-train stations Nordhavn and Østerport are also in the vicinity of the dock, and the subway station Frederiksberg is fairly close to the zoo (http://www.dsb.dk/global/pdf/koereplaner/s-tog/s2012/s-togs køreplan gældende fra 11. dec 2011.pdf).

I've had an annual zoo pass for many years (even in years where I've lived in other countries) and therefore don't know anything about possible special offers.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2012
  3. eddielargefc

eddielargefc Active Member

Thanks, this information is very useful.

We are really looking forward to seeing the Tasmanian devil and the Virginia Opossum (as the one in Folly Farm was out of sight during our visit).