Join our zoo community

Random Aquarium

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by AverageWalrus, 14 Mar 2015.

1. AverageWalrus

AverageWalrus Well-Known Member

I was bored and decided to make an Aquarium design, so, here we go. The Aquarium woud be located probably in Florida, where it is pretty warm all year

Upon entering the Aquarium, you go on a Path lined with Foliage such as Sugar Palms and Coconut Palms, As well as other plants such as Hibiscus, Spanish Moss, Bromeliads, and Pineapples. You continue until you come to the first exhibit, a Pool for Caribbean Flamingoes (Phoenicopterus ruber), as well as Great Egrets (Ardea alba), Green Herons (Butorides virescens), White Ibis (Eudocimus albus), West Indian Whistling Ducks (Dendrocygna arborea, White Cheeked (Bahama) Pintails (Anas bahamensis), Blue Winged Teals (Anas discors), and Lesser Scaups (Aythya affinis). After passing this exhibit you follow the path into the Aquarium's Main Building.

Main Building: Entrance

After entering the building, you are greeted with a Gift Shop and Food Court. In the Gift Shop windows, where there would usually be Merchandise, there would be Two separate Fish tanks, with various replicas of Merchandise, overgrown with Algae. As for the fish, it would just be your general freshwater community tank fare. Inside the two tanks would be

GIFT SHOP TANKS SPECIES LIST (not having scientific names out of just being tedious to do that)

Tiger Barb (Green, Albino, and Normal)
    Odessa Barb
    Rosy Barb
    Zebra Danio
    Giant Danio
    Dwarf Gourami
    Clown Loach
    Black Skirt Tetra
    Neon Tetra
    Sailfin Pleco
    Sword Tail (Koi, Painted, Pineapple, Wild Type, and Red Wag)
    Siamese Algae Eater
    Otocinclus Catfish

Next Time, we cover the next two exhibits, "Costal Adventure" and "The Reef"

2. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member

Great sounding, when will you do the next bit?

3. AverageWalrus

Well, I kinda just remembered that this was a Thing (whoops :p) But anyways, I'll try and plan this thing again, so expect it soon (ish)

4. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member

Ha ha, that gift shop sounds cute.

5. AverageWalrus

Well being that it's been kind of Hard to find resources for Costal species (If anyone knows of a good resource it would help if you could provide me a link) Ive been designing exhibits in my head for this. So far, some Ideas I Have are

Atlantic Coastal Forest Exhibit

Melanesian, Polynesian, and Micronesian Islands

"African Water" Exhibit (Rift Valley Lakes, Congo River, South African Coast, etc)

Pond Exhibit (it could have exhibits displaying how it changes throughout the year and Exhibits of common animals in ponds)

6. Thaumatibis

Thaumatibis Well-Known Member

Try fishbase's checklists

~ Thaumatibis

7. AverageWalrus

Thanks Thaum:)