Join our zoo community

Re-Opening Membership Extensions

Discussion in 'North America - General' started by leo811, 13 Jun 2020.

Tags:
  1. leo811

leo811 Well-Known Member

What is everyone's experience with their local Zoo in regard to Extending Memberships for the time the Zoo was in Shutdown?

Has anyone come across a Zoo that is not offering an extension?

Thank you for any feedback, will save me from having to go to every North American Zoo website.

2. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

Although not my local zoo, since I live in LA and go down to San Diego, SD Zoo they did offer me a renewal of my pass in late May to have an additional 2 months added on the back end. Renewed my pass and now is good until the last day of August of 2021. I get to go to a fantastic zoo and safari park although at a hefty price tag and they officially open this Saturday :)

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am a member of three zoos. Phoenix Zoo sent an email extending my membership through end of the year (it was due to expire this month). Reid Park Zoo and Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum I have not heard from. However I had recently renewed Reid Park well ahead of its due date in order to change the status.

4. Neil chace

Neil chace Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Capron Park Zoo extended all memberships by 3 months.

5. nczoofan

nczoofan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

NC Zoo was closed 4 months. They extended all memberships an additional 4 months.

6. Buldeo

Buldeo Well-Known Member

I've let all of my memberships expire over the past year (well before our pandemic began), but kept the Denver Zoo one. They added on a couple months for the time they were closed too.