Join our zoo community

Closed reporting Spam message

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Pootle, 22 Oct 2015.

1. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

I just reported a spam post as it was only a few minutes old, as I have done previously over the years and this message popped up for the first time:

Pootle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

first time that has occurred!

2. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

It may have been a little system glitch Pootle, possibly you clicked 'report post' after the post had been deleted (but after you had opened the thread). And then the system was confused, because you were looking at a deleted post, which is not supposed to happen. :D

3. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

All sounds about right with me and computer / software, I'm quite talented at getting them to do unusual let useless things :)

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

it was the one about fake passports etc, yes?

What would have happened is exactly as zooboy28 says - after you opened the thread a moderator also opened it and then deleted it, so when you clicked on "report post" there was actually no longer a post available for non-admins to access.

5. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

Yes, the passports one.

Gottcha with what happened and why, cheers guys.