Join our zoo community

Reptilium Landau Reptilium Landau review

Discussion in 'Germany' started by German Zoo World, 27 Nov 2021.

Tags:
  1. German Zoo World

German Zoo World Well-Known Member

Hello Guys i know i have posted No Reviews for a Long Time but Here Comes the First Part of my Zoo Trip to Landau.

Reptilium Landau

Visited 09.09.2021

This is a medium sized Reptile Zoo with a few Mammalls. We arrived at 11:00.

Tropics Room

This is the First Room but There is a small Tarantula Tank inside the Giftshop.
    The First Enclosure is a tiny Tank for 2 Red bellied Piranhas. Next are some Tanks containing Veiled Chameleons, Star Tortoise, Sand Boas and Sandfish.
    Now we Watched a Mellers Chameleon climbing Up on his Tank. The next Tank was one of of the worst Tanks at this Reptile Zoo. The Main Species in Here are the Common Marmosetts which Share their Enclosure with iguanas, Tejus and several Common and Alligator Snappers. But the worst Thing about this Tank was that it was overcrowded with Animals There were at least 4 iguanas, five Marmosetts, 3 Common and 2 Alligator Snappers inside an Enclosure as Large as a Childs Room. The Turtles are Hold inside a small Pool which is Not larger Then your Standart Bathtube and you wouldnt belive me, These are Not juvenile Turtles we are speaking about monstrous adults that are Not Able to Turn arround. Next we have the American Alligator Enclosure.
    They only keep juvenile Gators so There Enclosure is at least good for the Gators but There are also some huge Pacu in kneedeep Water together with the Gators. Now i have Said some Bad Things about this place but now i am going to Tell you Something much better. If you are a Fan of Monitor Lizards this is the Zoo for you. I have counted at least 6 Species of Monitor Lizards at this Facility.

Bluespotted Monitor
    Mindanao and Asian Water Monitor
    Rhough necked Monitor
    Long tailed Monitor
    White throated Monitor

Other cool Features of the First Room are an Open topped Stick Insect Enclosure, Gaboon Viper, Green Anaconda, Snake Neck Turtle and Reticulated Pythons. But There is another very Bad Enclosure that Houses fly River, Redbellied Side Neck and Snake necked Turtles aswell as gourami and pangasius in another kneedeep Pool.

Next Part Comes next Weekend.

To be continued

Last edited: 27 Nov 2021
    vogelcommando and JurassicMax like this.
  2. German Zoo World

Nocturnal House

This is a small Nocturnal Room which is mainly Home to different Snakes. Some Species that are Housed Here are dwarf Reticulated Python, Thai Racer, Indian Cobra and more.... There are also Mexican beaded Lizards. But There is also one Species of Mammal found here this are the only Accacia Rats in a German Zoo. I came back twice and i thought i Would Not See an Accacia Rat today but Then one Sticked his head Out of an basket and my day was even better.

To be continued

JurassicMax and vogelcommando like this.
  3. German Zoo World

Desert Hall

This is a Large Hall which is Home to large Reptiles found in arid Biomes of the World. There is also a Animal Ambassador Stage where the Keepers Show Spiders and Snakes to the Visitors. You can find several Large to Medium sized Terrariums which are Home to

1. Leopard Tortoise
    2. Leopard Tortoise, White throated Monitor
    3. African spurred Tortoise, Slender tailed Meerkat
    4. Radiated Tortoise
    5. Rhinoceros Iguanas
    6. Red Tegu

Most of the Enclosures are spacious but the Meerkat/Tortoise Enclosure is way to small for Three Tortoises and 2 Meerkats. They do Not have any Outdoor Enclosure for their Meerkats. Near the Animal Ambassador Stage is a small Terrarium containing some Western Diamondback Rsttlesnakes.

To be continued

JurassicMax and Haliaeetus like this.
  4. German Zoo World

Outdoor Enclosures and my Oppinion

Now you can go Outside. You can find mostly Temperate Reptiles There. But There is also Something else i want to Tell you about this Reptile Zoo. In Autumn of 2020 they had a unspecified Hornbill and a female White Lion that they rescued from a vehicle Crash. They had Them for a few Weeks before they send Them tho their original Destination. But now Back to the Outdoor Enclosures. If you are going to the right you will find several small Mesh Cages that are for yellowbellied toad, Garter Snake, Grass Snake, Long nosed Viper and Ocellated Lizard. You can also find a small european Tortoise Enclosure, a climbing Cage for Aesculapian Tree Snake and a Pond with European Pond Turtles. The Last Enclosure is a Standart Racoon Enclosure.

My Oppinion

I think this Reptile Zoo has some nice rare Species and a Lot of Monitors and Turtles. But i do think that especially the Meerkats and maybee the Marmosetts Could deserve at least some outdoor Enclosures. Other Animals such as the Alligator snapping Turtles Could be moved in with their Gators to give Them more space. Overall i think this Reptile Zoo is a very interesting collection and i can recommend it to Every Zoo Chatter who is a Fan of Turtles and Monitor Lizards.
    They even have the rare Mertens Water Monitor but unfortunatly He was very good at hiding in its Lush Terrarium.

JurassicMax likes this.