Join our zoo community

Manor House Wildlife Park Review of Manor House March 2016.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by welshchatter91, 24 Mar 2016.

1. welshchatter91

welshchatter91 Member

Overall I think this wildlife park gives the opportunity for the visitors to see a lot more into the animals lives through the walk through pens. I was very pleased with the African Village, Wallaby and Lemur walk through the animals had the opportunities to interact with the humans whilst also having the ability to avoid them if they decided. Keeper supervision during this time ensured animals were not subject to unwanted interaction.
    The rhino paddock which included ostrich and damara zebra was vast, which allowed the animals to intergrate or avoid depending on they current feelings. And the terrain was suitable.
    A second area which could do with increasing in size was a field for rhea, tapir and a single llama, the animals had ample space but I think could benefit with more. There were a number of przewalski horses in the distance it seemed they had no access to a paddock and were accessible to visitors. The major worry I had for these animals is their grazing field waa near the tiger enclosure which I could imagine could be unnerving.
    A small area which contained two emus and capybara was rather odd, capybara are social animals and also enjoy water. There was no
    Access to water here and the emus had limited space to run and explore.
    Previously discussed bison, flamingoes and muntjac deer were no longer at the park.
    Bactrian camels and scimitar oryx had luscious paddocks but would benefit from enrichment from other inhabitants or toys. Although the gibbons seemed to be enjoying island life the space they had was limited.