Join our zoo community

Paradise Wildlife Park review of paradise 5/5/12

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by anidude, 8 May 2012.

1. anidude

anidude Well-Known Member

made my first visit to paradise in a few years and first thing i noticed is that you can no longer drive in and park although there were some cars parked there the rest were parked in a car park across the road with a man stood there on crossing duty not the best use of his time im sure

anyway first animals i came across were the ones in the toucan house which had no toucans in it just bats , squirrels , sugar gliders , skunks and tortoise in it thought it was ok as a exhibit house but hope they will develop it in the future .

the african lions and european wolves were both out and posing for pictures as were the cheetah only saw one btw saw all 3 white lions 2 white tigers and 2 normal coloured tigers 2 snow leopards 1 ocelot and the rather hyper african leopard ( the children didnt help screaming and running around )

the hoofstock area looked very churned up but saw all the paddock animals including the red deer in the woodland walk as well my 1st red fox and armadillo

overal i enjoyed the zoo they have obviously done loads to renovate the place the enclosures look great particulary love the new treetop walk where you can view all the big cats apart from the african lion the cafe overlooking the normal tigers is a good idea

the rest of the animals where also intresting still love the reptile house they are also redoing the birds of paradise area love the ducks name crispy aromatic and peking great names

any questions feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer them also pictures to follow soon

2. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

Re: Snow Leopards

Were they both together? WHF and Paradise had a swap with females a year or so ago after Paradise's female 'Kush' died from a type of cancer (Can't recall what however) and therefore Kush's sister 'Mizi' moved up from WHF to take her place and WHF received a new female.

3. anidude

hi jordan yes they were both together

4. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Nice to hear about them being together, were they mixing okay and were they greeting/chuffing to each other?

5. anidude

yes id say so as they were both on the platform by the viewng windows together