Join our zoo community

Tropical World Review of Tropical World

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mr.Weasel, 11 Oct 2013.

1. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Just "discovered" this review and I must say : good job MrWeasel ! Looks like an intresting place to visit !

2. redstarsmith

redstarsmith Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to taking my nearly 2 year old son to Tropical World. I really enjoyed my last visit in 2012.

I’m so Pleased to say that it was even better than I remembered. The price has increased from about £3:50 in 2012 to £6:20 in 2018. I think that fee is justified.

How much you enjoy Tropical World will depend on how much you like or can take the heat. There are an advertised 7 zones. The large crocodile (6foot) took me by surprise. Many of the snakes have gone and many of the primates (Lemurs/Tamarins). The new aquarium and Aztec themeing was excellent.

My son loved it. He simply loved it. Definitely a place I would visit very often if we lived closer. A lot bang for your buck here.

3. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Care to update us regarding the species in the nocturnal corridor?

4. redstarsmith

redstarsmith Well-Known Member

Noting species whilst looking after my toddler is not something I do these days when visiting a Zoo. My memory isn’t good enough to recall accurately anymore either. All apart from the bats had two species. I do remember Sugar Gliders in the first and ‘Owl Monkeys’. The nocturnal section has improved since my last visit.

5. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The nocturnal corridor was a disappointment today, only species signed or seen were giant jumping rat ( 1st enclosure left) not seen , nothing seen or signed to the right). Straight ahead - lesser Jerboa and Pygmy slow loris - both seen, Egyptian fruit and Sebas bat's and large hairy armadillo - seen. No night monkey, mouse lemur or sugar gliders signed or seen!