Join our zoo community

rhino chases traffic in Assam park

Discussion in 'India' started by dean, 5 Aug 2017.

1. dean

dean Well-Known Member 10+ year member

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

that video is a year old already. For some reason it has popped back up as "news". And all the rhino is doing is trotting along the road while the cars sensibly all move out of its way.

3. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

I don't know that the rhino is chasing cars particularly either, its doing a poor job of it if so. It more seems as if the rhino is being chased by a car, containing the person filming the video...

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

it's weird how "news" items reawaken like this one has. Another story all over the internet currently is the one about a guy in the USA shooting at an armadillo and the bullet ricocheting back off the shell and hitting the guy. I saw it in my local newspaper yesterday, and it is being covered by lots of different news outlets internationally. The only problem is that it happened two years ago.
    A bullet ricochets off an armadillo and hits the shooter. Two years later, Twitter goes nuts - CNN

5. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

No, I've seen them really chase a car/jeep in Kaziranga, they go at a faster speed then, not trotting like this one and can overturn a vehicle if they mean business. Surprisingly this one seems to be holding its temper despite the odd situation its in.

6. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This reminds me of this footage I saw earlier this year, apparently filmed in the town of Saurahu near Chitwan National Park in Nepal. Although the rhino is even more laid-back here, considering the commotion around it.

Brum likes this.