Join our zoo community

Safari World Safari World Bangkok

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by mistifarang, 13 Jan 2012.

1. mistifarang

mistifarang Member

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I like how the ridiculously small portable tiger cage has a huge sign saying no photos. Obviously they do not want the world to see how inhumanely they house some of their animals. (I also like the fact that he took a picture anyway and posted it on SmugMug).

3. mistifarang

mistifarang Member

"NO photos"

When there is a sign or a gesture "no photos" this means that there hasn't been paid for OR the object is a stinking illegal matter...........

In these photos ELEPHANTS: agression of mahouts in Bangkok - Antoni Uni's Photos the matter is illegal AND the people involved wanted to be paid.

Experiences: at the end they knew me and started really threatening and/or throwing things to me. When I was with Karl Ammann and a Spiegel-TV team from Germany we could shoot a film that Karl was attacked and threatened with the bull-hook on the public road as they did not want to pay enough...........
    Oh, eh and don't go to the animal-infamous Chatuchak Market to take photos at certain places as there they will get even more agressive!

4. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Cassidy Casuar likes this.
  5. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Feb 2021
  6. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The first review goes back to 2009, the other is 3 days old. Some of the safari looks cool, if overcrowded in places. The zoo part has examples of exhibits that badly need an overhaul.

They seem to have had good breeding results with some of the African wildlife. Do not know much about the extent of their animal collection or if it really goes beyond the mundane and usual suspects.

I wonder why we do not get much news from the place.

7. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

A good number of Palm cockatoos is being hand-raised in "Egg World" - the incubation- and hand-raising station.