Join our zoo community

Salutations

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blijdorpenaar, 31 Jul 2019.

1. Blijdorpenaar

Blijdorpenaar Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hello everybody! I made this account quite a while ago, but I never really around to doing anything with it. My name is Jop, probably unpronouncable for a great deal of you, otherwise known as Blijdorpenaar. Some of my fellow Dutchmen and -ladies might know me from websites such as ZooSite or Laafse Kikkers, but to most Im probably known as "that guy who runs Blijdorper Bende". In case you dont know, blijdorperbende.nl is the result of my lifelong quasi-obsession over the Rotterdam Zoo ;) I greatly enjoy writing articles for it, mostly dealing with current events in the zoo but also going into some greather depth in terms of wildlife conservation and the thought that goes into running zoos. I have spent quite a bit of time on Zootierliste and reading EAZA Best Practise Guidelines, but sometimes it's hard to find some desired information. That's my primary motivation for finally returning to Zoochat, but I of course also hope I'll be able to help some of you where ever possible. See you around!

2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

3. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!

4. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Welcome. Looking forwards to your input.