Join our zoo community

United States San Diego Meetup - July 9-10

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Arizona Docent, 21 Jun 2017.

1. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Snowleopard and Arizona Docent invite all available members to meet us for dinner at Albert's Restaurant inside the San Diego Zoo. Sunday, July 9, 7:30pm

Edit -
    or for a walkaround Monday, July 10, 8:45am

I will have to make reservations, so I need a reply from all attending dinner. I will make the cutoff date one week prior, meaning I need to hear from you by Sunday, July 2. Please start a Private Conversation addressed to me (or respond to one I may have started with you if I know you are in the SD area). If you do not know how to start a Private Conversation on this site, just reply to this thread and I will start one with you.

Since the restaurant will be holding a table for our entire group, it is extremely rude to them (and us) for people to say they are coming and not show up. Therefore, we expect everyone to be true to their word and be there (obvious exception for extreme situations such as getting in a car accident on the way there).

If you are not a member of the zoo, please note you will need to pay admission to get in. Zoo is open until 9pm on that day, and entry plaza and gift shop typically remain open until at least 9:30pm. Menu is available on the zoo website under Albert's Restaurant. Hope to see you there!

Last edited: 2 Jul 2017
    devilfish, betsy and snowleopard like this.
  2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

How many are signed up so far AD?

3. Arizona Docent

Besides myself and snowleopard, I have one member and his wife who are tentative. So it will be a small but nice group. The following morning (Monday), two other members will join us for a walk around.

devilfish likes this.
  4. Arizona Docent

While small group is set for dinner, anyone and everyone is welcome to meet us the next morning to walk around the San Diego Zoo. This is Monday, July 10. The entry plaza opens before the official 9am opening time, so meet around 8:45am inside the front plaza. Arizona Docent is 6'3" and thin and will have a camera bag hanging off my shoulder. Snowleopard is 6' and thin. Both of us will be wearing baseball caps.

snowleopard likes this.