Join our zoo community

San Diego Zoo Safari Park

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Bongo, 29 Dec 2010.

1. Bongo

Bongo Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Are there any zoochat members who live in San Diego who would like to show me around the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in June (dates could be 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th)

2. Bongo

Bongo Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Is there anyone who lives in San Diego that could drive me to and back from the Safari park would help with cost of petrol. Would like to spend the whole day there.

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Yes, getting there is the problem. It is out of the way and cannot be reached by public transportation. Unlike the San Diego Zoo, which is near downtown and served by bus (and if you are in good shape, you can actually walk there from downtown, which I have done).

Good plan to stay there all day, as you will need it in a place like this. Too bad you are not going later in the summer when they stay open until early evening.

There are at least two or three San Diego people on this forum, plus a few from Los Angeles who might be able to drive down. Hopefully someone will pick up on this thread and help you out. I would do it, but I have been to southern California so much that I am trying to stay away for a couple years.

If you are interested in wolves, there is a wolf center in a scenic area of the foothills just east of the Safari Park. I have not been there, but it looks interesting.

4. Otter Lord

Otter Lord Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Sorry I missed this. I probably would not have been able to drive you anyways and I'm not sure how you would feel about being driven by a 19 year old with a soccer mom van. lol

5. KCZooFan

KCZooFan Well-Known Member

@Otter Lord: Is in June, so you still could...

6. Otter Lord

Otter Lord Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Oh wow, sorry! I misread it as January. That's quite a long way from now, I'll see what I can do.