Join our zoo community

Sao Carlos Ecological Park in Brazil São Carlos Ecological Park News

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Matheus Carbonero, 1 Sep 2021.

1. Matheus Carbonero

Matheus Carbonero Active Member

Inspired by some similar threads here, I've created this thread so that we can share and discuss what's going on at the São Carlos Ecological Park and maybe even post some old news.

Parque Ecológico de São Carlos será reaberto ao público no dia 1º de setembro

Starting off with the best news: The park reopens TODAY after being closed since March 17th 2020 due to COVID restrictions. There's no entry fee, as usual, but visitors are limited to 1,000 per day, divided into 4 time slots. Anyone who'd like to visit must schedule a 2-hour visit on the city hall's website, choosing between 08 AM, 10 AM, 12PM or 14PM (this information is inconsitent in different places with 16PM also being cited) from Tuesdays through Saturdays. On normal weekends the zoo would normally be visited by 4,000 people.

Guests must wear masks and are encouraged to NOT take food, eat at the park, use the playground, etc. Also guests can only visit the park once a month so that more people can have the opportunity.

You can check this nice Facebook video the city hall made about this and see some beautiful pictures of the park and its animals, enjoy!

REABERTURA DO PARQUE ECOLÓGICO!

TinoPup and carlos55 like this.
  2. Matheus Carbonero

The park has opened up a poll to choose the name of its new resident. A female marsh deer (Blastocerus dichotomus) born on April 09th. She's the daughter of Endira and Eliot. I hadn't seen any news on this birth, but I'm glad to hear there's a newborn in my favorite exhibit. If you want to vote on the name you can use the link below:

ELEIÇÃO 2022 - PARQUE ECOLÓGICO DE SÃO CARLOS

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 May 2022
    TinoPup and carlos55 like this.
  3. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

that's great

Matheus Carbonero likes this.
  4. Matheus Carbonero

After almost 1,500 votes the chosen name is Mel (honey/ also short for Melissa in Portuguese). This is the 17th Marsh Deer calf born in the zoo.

TinoPup likes this.
  5. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

that's great news