Join our zoo community

Seaquest, Layton

Discussion in 'United States' started by Bunnyrich, 30 Aug 2023.

1. Bunnyrich

Bunnyrich Active Member

I was scrolling LinkedIn and came across SeaQuest. Despite working at their "rival" Utah aquarium they're not a place I've heard of until now. Did some digging and found a funny blurb on their page-
    "Many visitors find that Seaquest Layton has much more to offer in terms of animal interactions, particularly for kids, and is a little more toddler friendly. Loveland Living Planet is a place for family fun and a cafe for food and snacks. A very visual attraction, the aquarium is more geared to older youths and visitors than toddlers and young children. Because of it’s size, crowds tend to fill the hallways and exhibit space pretty quickly. So for those families with little ones and toddlers, Loveland Living Planet isn’t the ideal family getaway in Salt Lake.

SeaQuest Layton ultimately comes out as the most cost-effective as well. Loveland Living Planet admission ranges between adult pricing at $16.95 – $28.95 and children (ages 3-12) at $11.95 – $21.95. Seaquest Layton admission prices range between $13.99 and $19.99 per person, and children two and under are free. Loveland Living Planet charges additional ticket pricing per person for attractions and encounters. Guests of SeaQuest can feed a variety of animals at the Layton aquarium location, and feeding tokens can be purchased for around $2 per token with a 15-token minimum. SeaQuest Layton has many online booking options and deals available, or simply walk right into the Guest welcome counter for tickets!"

The way they advertise the animal encounters bugs me- working with endotherms at the Living Planet Aquarium and being around other coworkers, I know first hand what stress can do to animals, it seems an easy place for issues to crop up.

Honestly just sharing this since I found the comparison with our aquarium funny

snowleopard likes this.
  2. Bunnyrich

Bunnyrich Active Member

I'm looking at it's seeming like they did the same with the Georgia Aquarium
    "
    The Georgia Aquarium may have large underwater exhibits along with entertaining animal showcases, but it’s not the only place in the Atlanta area where you and your family can get up close and personal with aquatic animals. In fact, many visitors find that Seaquest Stonecrest has much more to offer, particularly for kids. The SeaQuest experience is more intimate, less crowded, and much more affordable for families.

"

3. CMTM

CMTM Well-Known Member

I may be confusing them with a different "mall aquarium" company, but if I am not mistaken the Seaquest facilities have a history of lawsuits ranging from animal welfare, visitor safety, and illegal animal sourcing. They're probably not the sort of institution to be supporting.

Beastking04 and PossumRoach like this.
  4. Bunnyrich

Bunnyrich Active Member

That’s the one-I don’t support them at all. I was just posting the blurbs from their site since I found them funny-with me working for the aquarium they say they’re better than