Join our zoo community

SeaQuest Trumbull SeaQuest Trumbull news

Discussion in 'United States' started by SusScrofa, 29 Aug 2022.

1. SusScrofa

SusScrofa Well-Known Member

After multiple reports of substandard husbandry and safety issues, SeaQuest Trumbull has finally had its Kinkajous removed and its Crested Porcupines in the process of removal.

Can't say I've heard any good things about the SeaQuest franchise.

SeaQuest Trumbull to remove some animals in deal with DEEP

AmyO and TinoPup like this.
  2. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

They recently changed their social media to SeaQuest Connecticut, instead of SeaQuest Trumbull. Maybe trying to get away from bad news google hits?

SusScrofa likes this.
  3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey In the Swamp Premium Member 5+ year member

I was thinking about visiting the Las Vegas location......but I just. can't. do. it., and I have been to some questionable places.

SusScrofa likes this.
  4. SusScrofa

SusScrofa Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it seems every year they open up another one of these places. There are already 10 of them in the span of what, 6 years (and 2 of those years they couldn't open due to COVID). I know here in Fort Lauderdale they successfully drove the Covino family out of town, for now at least.

5. AmyO

AmyO New Member

I can tell you first hand that the company and the higher ups are ****. I can honestly say they don’t care about the animals or their employees. All they care about is money. And how can they get more. HR thinks of ways to manipulate the customer and the employee. For instance…..an employee can walk around the building holding a snake and for one token that person can pet/touch the snake. A token is $2. So for $2 someone can pet/touch animal. HR also keeps adding more and more animals to collections and that means more this, more that for the employees that are already struggling to keep up with everything and all of the animals. The staff that works with the animals are amazing and caring. They work hard for the little amount they are paid.

6. cloudedleopard611

cloudedleopard611 Well-Known Member

The facility is now closed.
    Source