Join our zoo community

Closed Self-made zoo/wildlife-related artwork?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Okapipako, 25 Jul 2018.

1. Okapipako

Okapipako Well-Known Member 5+ year member

What would the policy here be for sharing or uploading any art you've made that might be relevant to the subject of the site?

After reading that advertising is understandably frowned upon I felt wary about it. Even if I'm not directly advertising a product and am just sharing something for the sake of it, it could still potentially tie back to that considering I do art for a living.

I've also never seen anybody share their own art here unless it was for a fantasy zoo, for example a map. Maps are actually something I have considered making, such as redrawing existing zoo maps I find unsatisfactory like my home zoo's - it would be purely for fun. Other ideas I've had included illustrated posters or 'guides' depicting common or iconic zoo species - again, for fun and not to be sold on here. If anything I posted here was to be sold anywhere in the future I would probably opt for deleting them on here.

It's a topic I couldn't find any discussion of on here, so I thought I might ask.

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

3. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

As my fellow moderator mentioned above, it is fine to post them in the Animal Art gallery. As long as you are not trying to sell it on this site, it's no problem.

Okapipako and birdsandbats like this.
  4. Okapipako

Okapipako Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Okay, great to hear. Thanks for the clarification :) I had neglected to think there might be a specific gallery for it.