Join our zoo community

ZooDoo Wildlife Park Senior Keeper Vacancy

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ZOODOO, 9 Jul 2013.

1. ZOODOO

ZOODOO Member

SENIOR ZOO KEEPER & TOUR GUIDE - POSITION AVAILABLE
    PART TIME approx. 32 hours per week.

Zoodoo Wildlife Park is a uniquely hands-on Zoo, located just 20 minutes from Hobart.
    Zoodoo Wildlife Park has a large range of native Australian animals, agricultural animals and a continually expanding range of exotic animals including Monkeys, Meerkats, Tigers, White Lions and many more. Zoodoo Wildlife Park is the only Zoo in Tasmania offering Safari Tours. Current imports for new and exciting species are currently in progress also.

Key responsibilities include daily food preparation, cleaning, all aspects of animal husbandry, accurate record keeping and providing fun educational guided tours.

Applicants MUST satisfy the following criteria –

• Previous hands-on experience working with a broad range of Native & Exotic species
    • Demonstrate well developed communication, team work & customer service skills
    • Possess a high level of physical fitness to perform physically demanding work
    • Good general knowledge on the ecology, biology, & behaviour of a large range of animal species
    • Ability to positively take direction, work under pressure, learn new skills fast and a desire to learn
    • Current full manual driver’s license
    • Large friendly personality is a must for tours and other customer interactions
    • Flexibility with working hours across a 7 day roster is essential as weekend work will be involved.

Applicants with any of the following attributes will be more highly regarded;

• Animal husbandry qualifications
    • Previous extensive experience with either reptiles, carnivores, primates or ungulates is preferred.
    • Previous experience of conducting guided tours, public speaking etc.
    • Gun license, First Aid Certificate, OH&S training is all definitely a bonus to your application.

All applications should be emailed or posted with a cover letter and CV addressed to Donna Cuttriss;
    [email protected]
    or
    ATT: DONNA CUTTRISS
    Zoodoo Wildlife Park
    RICHMOND TASMANIA 7025

2. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

I have visited ZooDoo in the past and quite enjoyed it. I wish I could apply for the jobs, but I don't have that skill-set. The free 'safari' ride was great, by the way: the ostrich bit my hand. :D

PS* Are two positions being advertised, or will the Senior Keeper also be a Tour Guide?

3. ZOODOO

ZOODOO Member

One position available with combined duties - Zookeeper / Tour Guide.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Zoodoo Wildlife Park. Apologies for the Ostrich, they have terrible table manners :)

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

that's why he should have kept his hand off the table :D

5. Astrobird

Astrobird Well-Known Member

any chance of some updated photos for the Gallery please!;)

6. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member