Join our zoo community

Noah's Ark Zoo Farm Should I or should I not...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Paix, 23 Jun 2010.

Tags:
  1. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

Hello all!

I am planning a short trip, a zoo trip infact :eek:, down to Bristol to do the normals, Longleat, Bristol, Cotswolds, all for the first time and I was wondering... Should I... Well....

Should I visit the "farm" as I like to call it. I think a visit to Noahs Ark would only annoy me but I would like to see the actual situation/sitatunga there and rate the enclosures myself!

Its a risk :)p) but I actually want to see whats going on, see how friendly the staff are, and other things.

Should I visit or should I not, is it worth a day of my time?

Paix

2. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

I've never been, but if your curious I'd say go.

3. adrian1963

adrian1963 Well-Known Member

Myself I would go if it was just to see what was going on there and that way you can then make your own mind up as to wether all that has been written and said about the place is true or not.

4. Simon McGlary

Simon McGlary Well-Known Member

Don't go on a Sunday, though. It's closed on a Sunday.

5. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

Im sorry but I had to giggle at that!

6. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

I have to say that I wouldn't, there are more serious collections which are more deserving of my time and money. I know we can't judge a facility entirely by what we see and hear on here but I've seen enough to know it isn't for me.

But really it's up to you.

7. Talli

Talli Well-Known Member

I was there on May 18, and I enjoyed it. A lot of the enclosures are fairly basic fencing, but the "Big Cat Sanctuary" looked pretty new to me with lots of stuff to climb, grass, etc. I haven't read what's been posted in the past - what were the complaints?
    I loved the raptor flight part, and got to hold an owl and a hawk. Made my day for sure!

8. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Of course you should go, Paix.

There are people on this thread that have commented for and against - they can't all be right, nor can they all be wrong. See what you think yourself.

I visited and I really can't understand what some of the fuss is about.

The rhinos and giraffe had better facilities than at some of the more socially acceptable zoos that I visited in the UK.

Overall, I thought that it was quite a good park - but if I had made a decision about visiting based on some of the comments on this forum I would have missed a very pleasant afternoon and would not be in a position to give you this advice.

From information that I am getting from other sources I would not be surprised if they developed a very good elephant facility.

Should you go, I look forward to your appraisal of the place.

9. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Yup - go and see it for yourself. I'd recommend going anywhere once. I'll probably end up there again myself at some point - I didn't really like the place (for a number of reasons) but I'm half a decade out of date at this point!

They really are closed on Sundays though. While I admire the strength of their convictions; I think that's madness.

10. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

Ok I have decided to visit, it should be interesting! Thanks for your inputs!

11. easytigger

easytigger Well-Known Member

I'm certainly planning on visiting this year, I'm going to try and avoid all the god bothering, devil dodging nonsense and just have a look at the enclosures, facilities and standards of husbandry

12. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

My plans too, although I still think I will be dragged into the madness!

13. robmv

robmv Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hear, hear!

It's important to see the full range of animal collections in order to really appreciate the good ones. While I have serious reservations about the place, I have nonetheless found my visits fascinating and there is nowhere else like it (thankfully).

14. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Absolutely!
    I have deliberately visited some reputed "bad zoos" just to get my own view on them , out of curiosity and to get it all into perspective one way or the other, to make my own mind up. In actual fact on occasion I have been pleasantly suprised . Another point is that sadly I have missed out on visiting some zoos in the past , good or bad , only to find that those zoos had since closed down! I regretted not having been to visit them when I should have done when I had the chance! My opinion is visit as many zoos as you possibly can!

15. bazzoobuilder

bazzoobuilder Well-Known Member

Found this 4 month old post and was wondering have you been down to see us yet if so ... How was it.:rolleyes:

16. Paix

Paix Well-Known Member

Sadly, my trip was put off! So it is now likely I will be visiting in Spring/Easter! I will post a review! :)

17. bazzoobuilder

bazzoobuilder Well-Known Member

Coatis have moved to their proper home at last I’m quite proud of it but would like to know how it stacks up against other zoos.:rolleyes:
    I expect this site will have the full run down on the new Giraffe by the time you come. Shame you could have filled them in.
    Any way when you do come why not ask for me and say Hi. I answer to Barry most of the time.
    A lot of other names as well.;)

18. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Well seeing as you seem to be saying that we are all wrong why don`t you just correct us,by giving us the correct info about the Giraffe or don`t you want us to know which zoo in the Czech Republic you got her from?;)

19. WildEncounters

WildEncounters Member

Go and see whats occuring take lots of pictures of whats good and whats bad. I dont like all this creationalism bull or there links with the circus and everything else they did to be removed from biaza. But check it out report back to zoo chat lol :)

20. TARZAN

TARZAN Well-Known Member

I would suggest going and draw your own conclusions from the visit I wouldn't mind going myself but its getting a bit cold for zoo visiting when you only wear a skimpy loincloth. !!!! Good luck , Tarzan.