Join our zoo community

Noah's Ark Zoo Farm Should I or should I not...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Paix, 23 Jun 2010.

Tags:
  1. bazzoobuilder

bazzoobuilder Well-Known Member

:confused:
    No.. I seem to be saying that The Coatis have moved and it would have been nice for Paix to be the first from this site to report back and say Hi when you come.

2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Thats not how i read your post but so be it,but you still avoided answering my question as too which Czech Zoo you got your female Giraffe,from but then i didn`t expect you to answer it,as from my experience you never truely answer any question about Noahs!!

3. bazzoobuilder

Thats not how i read your post but so be it,but you still avoided answering my question as too which Czech Zoo you got your female Giraffe,from but then i didn`t expect you to answer it,as from my experience you never truely answer any question about Noahs!!

I feel it’s a bit unfair to say that I never answer any questions about Noah’s. If you look through my posts you will find that I have pretty much answered most questions that I have been asked when I know the answer anyway.
    In truth I don’t get asked a lot. That’s good because I can be a tad thick and I don’t know much anyway.

As for your last question; “don`t you want us to know which zoo in the Czech Republic you got her from?” My answer is..... I do not mind if you know or not.
    :rolleyes:

4. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

@ Bazzoobuilder sorry but I`m just going from past experience of not having my questions answered from yourself if you cannot remember when thats fine,we will just end things there before it gets in too a slanging match between us.

As for your answer to my question at the end of your last post not much more to say than why the hell did i think i would get a straight answer!!

5. bazzoobuilder

I am also sorry we don’t seem to be able to communicate very civilly.
    It’s no wonder really when most of my first posts where to point out that you and some others where fabricating stuff about my place of work. :mad:
    I honestly don’t mind what your opinion is about anywhere. (I see you as a major contributor to this site and am interested in what you say regardless)I am still lost as to your comment about my not answering your questions from past experience!
    I have looked through all my posts and cannot find any questions from you.
    I have disagreed with you but never resorted to slanging.:rolleyes:

And about my last answer to your question; it was a Joke/wind up. :D Whatever you like to keep it light.
    As for the question you haven’t asked me... what zoo ... would you believe I don’t actually know, I haven’t even bothered to ask.

She is a lovely animal and they are getting along very well.

6. Paradoxurus

Paradoxurus Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There has been no suggestion that the new giraffe or its origins are a secret. I shall be glad that the resident male will have a mate at last. Doesn't really matter where it came from. If the EEP will not allow a pure individual to Noah's Ark, then at least the welfare of the lone male has been taken into consideration by purchasing(?) a female, hybrid or not.

I'd like to think that the coordinator would be cooperative with collections outside of the EEP even if their specimens are not actively participating in the programme - to the benefit of all captive giraffes. Of course member collections should always take priority but it does appear that interzoo politics gets in the way of animal welfare sometimes.

Its ironic that you disagree with NAZF's circus connections yet your avatar shows you posing with a tiger that, wherever the photo may have been taken, will have been treated just as a circus animal. Also, the picture of you riding an elephant, whats more a bull elephant, that will probably have had all sorts of controversial treatment to keep it handleable.

I visited Noah's Ark last month - the third time I have been there. I think the new developments are functional but more than adequate, well built and certainly constructed with the animal management in mind. The big cat complex is better than many in the UK, the new coati enclosure provides a lot of enrichment but probably lacks a bit of cover (and maybe goes a little overboard on the hotwire perimeter!). It was a nice surprise to see a pair of White-headed Vultures in a huge new aviary.The older parts of the collection still look a little shabby and even the relatively new tapir house and enclosure needs seriously overhauling.

Without a doubt I prefer Bristol Zoo (its history, architecture, interesting collection, pleasent gardens, its involvement in research, education and conservation) but on the other hand I can see the appeal of Noah's Ark to the general public: its easier to access by car, parking is free, there are big charismatic megafauna, lots of interactive stuff with the animals (bottle feeding the lambs and pelleted food is sold for some of the hoofstock). It is the general public that provide funds for zoos to continue to operate and sometimes I think that mainstream collections lose sight of what attracts them through the gates.

7. bazzoobuilder

Fair cop guv.
    The tapir house was and still is a temporary prefabricated home. It has a limited life span and will be replaced with a more permanent structure at some time in the (Hopefully) not too distant future. It is well heated and big enough for now but defiantly not pretty.
    :rolleyes:Don’t get me started on the hot wires no matter who we asked we got a different suggestion. What we ended up with works but could have been a bit less in view.

Ps I to love Bristol Zoo have been going there ALL my life. My mum got my bottles warmed in the monkey house.:eek: