Join our zoo community

Siberian Tiger Re-population Project themed exhibit?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by DragonDust101, 14 Dec 2016.

1. DragonDust101

DragonDust101 Well-Known Member

Hey Zoochatters,

before anything, if you don't know what the Siberian Tiger Re-population Project is, read this:

Siberian Tiger Re-population Project - Wikipedia

The exhibit will make more sense if you read this.

I had an idea for an exhibit based on the above project, and figured I'd post it here. As far as I know, this exhibit is entirely possible in full length. Constructive Criticism is always appreciated!

Lake Balkhash Tiger Crossing-

Amur Tiger (Stand-in for Caspian Tiger)

Indian Crested Porcupine

Bobak Marmot

Common Pheasant

Bactrian Deer

European Pond Turtle

Great Bittern

Purple Heron

Black-Crowned Night Heron

Eurasian Spoonbill

Whooper Swan

Ruddy Shelduck

Eurasian Teal

This exhibit is entered through a pathway with a large wood arch. It has painted on figures of different tigers, rivers, and such. It has a pathway through the exhibits, which there are five. There is a large pond surrounded by reeds. It contains 1.1 Eurasian Spoonbill, 1.2 Great Bittern, 3.5 European Pond Turtle, 2.2 Ruddy Shelduck, 2.2 Eurasian Teal, 1.1 Purple Heron, 1.1 Black-Crowned Night Heron, and 1.1 Whooper Swan. The next two exhibits are made to look like grassy steppes, with hills and high grasses. They both contain small pools. The first contains 1.1 Indian Crested Porcupine. The other contains many holes and arrangements for 2.2 Bobak Marmot and 1.2 Common Pheasant. There is a single crawl-space through the exhibit that leads to a dome (That is made of a material that doesn’t smudge and unclear) for viewing. The last two exhibits are the largest. The smaller has a large log-house holding area in the back. It has many small creeks and a pool near the left side of the exhibit. Viewing is through three glass-windowed cabins. The exhibit contains 1.3 Bactrian Deer.

The final exhibit is huge, looking like a huge delta, with a winding succession of rivers leading to huge pool. Two downed trees head over the river. The pool has various large Kazakhstani fish in it such as Black Carp, Tench, and Northern Pike. The inhabitants find hiding behind large rock piles, and a small waterfall flows down into the river. The exhibit contains 1.1 Amur Tiger as a stand-in for the extinct Caspian Tiger. The viewing cabins have signs talking about tiger enrichment at the zoo, the LAke Balkhash Delta, threats to it, and mostly, the Siberian Tiger Re-population Project. There is a donation box for conservation of tigers in their native habitat and the re-introduction project in Kazakhstan.

2. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

Off topic posts have been deleted. Carry on as if nothing happened.

3. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member

I think your idea is a fascinating and unique one. One of the best exhibit designs I have seen:D:D.

4. DragonDust101

DragonDust101 Well-Known Member

Apology accepted. Just critique!

pachyderm pro likes this.
  5. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member

Well if critique is allowed then I have one thing. Maybe add more hoostcock yards like for saiga, and/or wild boar. Otherwise a exhibit in no need of changing.