Join our zoo community

Simplizoo

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by DesertRhino150, 11 Mar 2021.

1. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have just seen a video on Youtube about an upcoming zoo game called 'Simplizoo' being made by some of the development team of the also upcoming 'Prehistoric Kingdom'. The idea is that this game will be a spiritual successor to Zoo Tycoon 1, with very simplified controls an without the high level of detail found in some other recent zoo games.

The video I have seen suggests that the base game will start with roughly 20-30 animals. Animals that have so far been confirmed are the capybara, Malayan tapir, okapi, black rhinoceros and African elephant. Another animal that appeared in an early demo but have not been officially confirmed for the final game is the grey wolf.

Because of issues with creating water in the game, the developers have said that the base game will not have penguins or hippopotamuses. They have stated their intention to do water properly once the game has released.

The developers aim to release the game both on PC and Nintendo Switch.

The video I have seen on the game is included below:

TheGerenuk likes this.
  2. DomoKomodo

DomoKomodo Member

This looks interesting. I'm not familiar with the switch...wouldn't they need to make a complete game to release it onto a nintendo?