Join our zoo community

Sindh Welfare and Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, 2017

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by J I N X, 1 Apr 2018.

1. J I N X

J I N X Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Sindh govt's bill acknowledges animals' inalienable rights - The Express Tribune

In order to provide rights to animals, the Sindh government has decided to introduce a law to free animals from all kinds of abuse.

In this connection, the Sindh Cabinet approved on December 30, 2017, a draft bill – Sindh Welfare and Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, 2017 – under which animals will be granted inalienable rights to adequate nourishment, appropriate shelter and life in an environment free of abuse.

According to government officials, the law is an attempt to promote and protect welfare of animals. “The law will pave the way to treat injured animals, to house the homeless and comfort the abused,” reads the proposed law.

According to the bill’s aims and objectives, animals have the right to live in an environment free of abuse, nourishment and shelter. The bill states that violation of these fundamental rights of animals results in the degradation of the natural and moral fabric of society.

... read more

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Apr 2018
    Woo and Chlidonias like this.
  2. Woo

Woo Member

Was the new law passed do you know?

3. Woo

Woo Member

Thank you for this, it became law in Sindh in 2022 https://faolex.fao.org/docs/pdf/pak215989.pdf