Join our zoo community

Singapore Zoo Singapore Zoo Visiting Advice

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by SabineB, 28 Feb 2018.

1. SabineB

SabineB Well-Known Member

slightly of topic ... i am currently planning a trip to Borneo via Singapore early October and was wondering, which days are the best days for a visit (two days in a row as I do not believe this can be done and appreciated in just one day)? and even more off topic, any hotel suggestions close to the zoo?

2. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

Very jealous of both! Are Indera’s parents still at Singapore Zoo?

3. SabineB

Inderas father (Ballu) should still be alive, he is currently 21 years old, but Inderas mother (Judy) died April 21st 2012. The grannys Jimmy and Garang, Judys parents, are both dead as of 2003/2011.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
  4. agnmeln

Thank you for this! Do you know how many bears Singapore Zoo now has in total?

5. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

I've put these tangents into their own thread. It's always worth doing this because it both avoids muddying existing threads and it makes it more likely that the right people will see the question.

CGSwans likes this.
  6. SabineB

thank you very much!!!! i am still figuring out how to search through all these threads to find the right one :oops:

They should have at least Ballu and Matahari, Judys daughter.

7. agnmeln

Fab, thank you.

8. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

A first visit to the four WRS parks requires three days, but the zoo itself does not require two. It is to a substantial degree a 'mammal' zoo, though a good one, and one day would be sufficient for almost all of us, I'd imagine.

Vision and FunkyGibbon like this.
  9. SabineB

it was kind of a slow day at work so i spend some significant time on the WRS webside.... and changed my schedule. I will still ponder on going twice to the actual zoo, but will go visit the other sites as well.

As long as I make it eventually to Sabah for my three weeks i am good :cool:

10. agnmeln

Stop rubbing it in :p !

11. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

I totally agree with CGSwans that three days is enough, however some may choose to enjoy second days/evenings at any of the parks.
    You could also fit SEA into that three days if you did it in the morning and the river safari in the afternoon, but personally I'd spread it out a little more as I really just love Singapore :)