Join our zoo community

Six flags wild safari closing

Discussion in 'United States' started by uszoo, 23 Aug 2012.

1. uszoo

uszoo Well-Known Member

2. BeardsleyZooFan

BeardsleyZooFan Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hopefully not actually, as Rhino Rally is very fast-paced, and it's hard to see the animals. However, practically all exhibits that involve a car, train, jeep, boat, or other form of transportation are fast-paced.

3. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Does anybody know why this park is not AZA-accredited? The other Six Flags animal park in California is.

4. clm1950

clm1950 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Good question.

5. groundskeeper24

groundskeeper24 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The map shows some interesting antelope species. Is it up to date in terms of animals currently kept? Is this place worth visiting or is it a total dump? I haven't heard a lot about it.

6. uszoo

uszoo Well-Known Member

I think for the most part, i saw at probably at least 90 percent of the species when i visited in august. I think that the safari park was expensive but now that it is included in the normal ticket i think it is reasonable as long as you like rides as well. The habitats were average to very nice with some such as the north american area which is 50 acres being excellent. The elephants have a large habitat and there are tons of species of hoofstock so i recomend it and cant wait to see if all animal species will be kept.