Join our zoo community

Snowleopards Photos

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Zoo_Boy, 24 Jun 2008.

1. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

Much credit is due, much more than a single post in anotehr thread.

Congrats to Snowleopard for posting over 400 photos, in over 35 pages.

Brilliant effort, and needs congratulating, well done. Possible the most comprehensive collection of various zoos added in 24 hours!

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Yes indeed, well done. Congratulations are in order for his computer too I think! My old clunker would have just given up and died.

3. Devonvm

Devonvm Active Member

Agreed, they're all great photos, I've been spending far to much time in the Gallery...

4. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Thanks for the kind words to those on this thread and the "zoo photo" thread. I appreciate Zoo_Boy kicking off a new posting for all of my hard work. I am finished posting photos for a long time now, and in the past 24 hours I uploaded 454 photos from over 30 different zoos, aquariums and wildlife parks. Whew!!

I leave either this Friday or Saturday for my epic summer road trip, and I'm sure that as my wife and I visit over 20 new zoos we will take literally hundreds and hundreds of photos. Some time far in the future I will sit down and upload another 400 or so and spend an entire day of my life on my computer...

5. Chlidonias

did you go to any of the wildlife collections at Kuranda when you were there? I'm going to be there in a couple of months and was just wondering what they were like.

6. snowleopard

@Zoo_Boy: if you want to know about my trip, then check out the thread "Summer Road Trip". Some of the zoos and locations might change, but I'll still visit at least 20 different zoos and aquariums this summer.

@Chlidonias: I posted only a couple of shots from the Kuranda Wildlife Park in Kuranda, Queensland in the gallery. My wife and I paid for a day trip to the sleepy village of Kuranda, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable 8 hours. We took the train ride ride to the village, and then were allowed to wander around amongst the shops and touristy stores for an hour or so. There is a butterfly garden and an insect world, but we didn't go to either of those small places. We had a nice buffet lunch, and then spent about an hour and a half at the Kuranda Wildlife Park. After that there was an aboriginal dance for the public, and a ride in an "army duck" vehicle that lasts a good hour. That is where we saw a wild cassowary and a lizard and snake or two.

The animal park is rather small, but they had wombats, dingos, cassowaries, emus, koalas, wallabies, kangaroos, and a large area for freshwater crocodiles and a variety of turtles and lizards. The highlight was "Jack", an absolutely massive saltwater croc that is looked down upon from above. You could see it all in an hour, and it's the only wildlife park that I've been to in Queensland.

7. Chlidonias

thanks. I'm mainly going up there for wild wildlife (tree kangaroos, cassowaries, etc) but the Nocturnal Zoo looks interesting so I might give that a go.

8. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Unbelievable!
    I appreciated the pictures of entrance signs as part of the gallery. Snowleopard, you make zoos look fantastic.
    I got a kick out of the badger that reminded me of some big furry tick

9. snowleopard

@Zooplantman: thanks for the kind words, even though my wife takes 99% of all our zoo photos. I uploaded another 74 yesterday, and am now tapped out at 528 in total. I am definitely done for awhile, but this summer's road trip will easily provide another 500 more that I'll upload sometime later in the year.

There are actually a great number of terrific photos in the gallery here at ZooBeat, and with over 7,600 photos from countless zoos, aquariums and wildlife parks there is a rich diversity of shots from all over the world.