Join our zoo community

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park Some changes to Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'United States' started by MJMcB, 8 Jun 2014.

1. MJMcB

MJMcB Well-Known Member

There a few updates to the animals at DAK

1. The komodo that had been on display for some time passed away. A new Komodo is on display. I believe its from Miami. In any event, Disney is getting three additional dragons in hopes to breed them.

2. The "asian" tigers currently on display at the Maharajah Jungle Trek are being replaced by a breeding pair of Sumatran tigers. The female is at the park (from Atlanta I believe) with a male coming Woodland Park soon.

3. A new cotton top tamarin exhibit is being built near the Tree of Life

4. Grevy's zebras now appear at the Pangani Forest Trial

2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Have you heard any rumors about what the announced night version of Kilimanjaro Safari is going to be like or when it will be starting up?

3. MJMcB

MJMcB Well-Known Member

I have not heard anything. In pas versions, they had tribal dancers and poachers for the night version. It was quite lame and didn't last long. Maybe one holiday season

They have been doing a lot of night vision goggle activities. The Animal Kingdom lodge does a night safari with them and there are also areas where you can use the goggles to see out into the savanna. I don't know if they plan on trying that

In terms of time frame, all I know is it will be going by 2017 when Avatar will be opening