Join our zoo community

Somerset recommendations

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Waddi, 9 Jan 2016.

1. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Thankyou. If Touni became pregnant by Jock, she would be of no further interest to Komale and they could probably reintroduce him into the group. The alternative is presumably a bachelor group. The first option would be preferable. It might depend how much they want to keep him at Bristol too -or they could be waiting to see if Jock is still fertile before letting him go elsewhere.

2. Waddi

Waddi Well-Known Member

As already stated by Ned, Komale is still separated from the main group.
    Unfortunately I encountered no keepers whilst at Bristol, but I did speak to another visitor who seemed quite knowledgeable and identified himself as a regular visitor, I pointed him towards this forum but he said he wasn't an Internet user. He mentioned the option of either Jock or Komale moving to Longleat, depending on a couple of factors; Jocks fertitility test results, Parentage results of Afia, Jocks relationship with Touni and whether Jock accepts Komale back into the group if the decision is made for Jock to stay on as Bristols silverback. So no more than you have already said really, sorry.

3. Pertinax

Don't be sorry,;) that is worthwhile information- I was only guessing their intentions. As a regular he will have picked this up from staff no doubt- it also seems to indicate they have not decided what to do with Komale yet because of all these variables.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2016
  4. Waddi

Waddi Well-Known Member

How long has Komale been separated?

5. Pertinax

Not sure exactly but some time between Touni arriving- in October, and early December.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2016