Join our zoo community

South Lakes Wild Animal Park South Lakes Safari Zoo - Good Standards

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Mark Willott, 14 Dec 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mark Willott

Mark Willott New Member

I hope this is the right place to ask.......

I am looking at booking a Sloth & Big Cat experience at South Lakes Safari for a Christmas Present.

Can anyone comment on the current standard of care the animals receive? Are they well looked after in appropriate enclosures?

Me and My wife are both animal lovers who would definitely not support poorly run zoo's that don't have a good standard of care for their animals.

Unfortunately, I'm from the midlands, so it's a bit difficult to find out for myself!

Any information will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

2. ParathePineapple

ParathePineapple Well-Known Member

Interesting post as this was a relatively recent change but this zoo did have quite a bit of controversy around it until 2018 when the zoo changed ownership and from what I know the zoo seems to have gotten into better hands. I have never been to the zoo in person though so my knowledge here is limited.

3. Jambi

Jambi Well-Known Member

Safari Zoo has improved a lot since their change of management a couple of years ago. I went there back in August, and the enclosures and general animal welfare are so much better now.

Sadly the reputation it garnered under the previous management hasn't completely gone away, many people I've spoken to still think it's a derelict Hell hole full of neglected and dying animals, because it was for a good number of years, but believe me when I say it's really not any more. It's a very good place, and I do recommend going.

LooseCannon and Antoine like this.