Join our zoo community

South Lakes Wild Animal Park South Lakes to Close to the Public

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Maguari, 17 Dec 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Without wanting this to sound like a witch hunt, I'd agree with this statement (in fact he/she's been caught out with this before by Chli, amongst others). That's not to say he/she's not got some valid points to make, just that their desire to fuel the anti-Gill stances seems to result in a very scatter-shot approach.

2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

This is a valid point. which myself and several other moderators have warned bigcat_speciali about many times in the past; however I don't agree that it also applies to ShavingtonZoo. I suspect that "Just Me" replied to the post written by the latter individual without noticing that it was not written by the former individual.

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

the reply in question (#106, Just Me) was directed at the post before the quoted post (i.e. post #97 by bigcat speciali rather than #98 by SHAVINGTONZOO) - #98 contains the quote from post #97 but this does not show up in a second quote.

I think most people would have got that though.

4. SHAVINGTONZOO

SHAVINGTONZOO Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'm grateful for that clarification. It was unfortunate that the comment that "you seem to have lots of time to ... " appeared to be directed at me, rather than BCS.

5. SHAVINGTONZOO

SHAVINGTONZOO Well-Known Member 10+ year member

My understanding - and I have been both a Councillor (including sitting on a Licensing Committee) and Clerk to a Council - is that a councillor who declares a prejudicial interest should leave the room.

This may have changed recently.

However, the question of whether Cllr Heath has behaved correctly is a matter for Barrow Borough Council. If BCS has concerns he should raise them with the appropriate authority (as I suspect he may have done). If such misbehaviour is proven then that may be relevant to this Forum; while it remains unproven I would suggest it is inappropriate to discuss it on here.

6. TeaLovingDave

Things are continuing to stray into off-topic and legally problematic ground despite several attempts to redirect the course of the thread; as such I think it would be prudent if the discussion ended here. I shall lock the thread and when/if anything pertinent to the original thread topic emerges, one of the moderation team will post within the thread whilst keeping it closed.

7. TeaLovingDave

Can't say I am surprised......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.