Join our zoo community

Akron Zoo Species List, Walkthrough, and Review of the Akron Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Moebelle, 22 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. Moebelle

Moebelle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Species List, Walkthrough, and Review of the Akron Zoo

The Last Ohio Zoo… For Myself...

You may read this very detailed review where you must use your imagination, or you can skip my rambling and watch my 34 minute walkthrough of the entire zoo instead:

For three years, since my legal ability to drive it has been a goal of mine to visit every zoo in the nation… Most likely still won't happen… so I took the bar down to visit every major zoo and park in Ohio. Of course my hometown zoo is right here in Cincinnati - my childhood playground and the primary inspiration to my wildlife filled adventures. The first road trip I ever took involved myself driving an hour and a half in silence (broken radio) to the nearest zoo - and arguably the country's best - the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. After evolving my skills in photography I wanted to branch out more and capture images of new species in new environments. So next (I'm excluding non-Ohio zoos) I headed up further north and visited the Cleveland Zoo - twice I might add. Next came Toledo, another fine zoo, and I even recently took a visit to non-famous but extraordinary 'The Wilds'. But in between all of that was a city that I just kept on passing and refusing to stop by. This is the small city of Akron, home to the Akron Zoo. After becoming a part of the Zoochat community, I eventually learned a brief summary and description of every major zoo in the U.S., Canada, and even some on the other side of the world. So in all honesty, I knew much about the Akron Zoo already, and there were many firm reasons on why I didn't visit. It appeared small, dull, lacked creativity, and most importantly, lacked animals that are well known to the general public. In this species list, walkthrough, and review, I will share my journey with you on why I was completely wrong - Enjoy.

My drive was quite fair, I've taken the same route to other locations many, many times before but on my arrival my feelings were different from the others. As I'm sure all of us do and or have at some point in their lives, we've been a little freaked out when driving through a new, unfamiliar area. In my case, I get a little anxious from confusing one way streets, multiple highway exits, and most importantly the distraction of horrible drivers. All of which are typically taken place in a big city. When I got off the highway and reached my destination, relief had followed and the anxiety never came. The roads took me through a wonderful, peaceful neighborhood that I admire to live in one just like it one day. Directly across, not even 25 ft away from one of these houses was a large sign saying, 'Akron Zoo'. I was a little surprised by the setting, as zoo entrances are usually placed within the most chaotic of places but there was no possibility of trouble here. I entered into the gate and smiled at the $3 Parking sign. Moving upon the main entrance area I could tell that the zoo was very secluded and a part from the rest of the world. From the roads and even at the entrance I noticed there wasn't an inch of the rest of the zoo that was visible from the outside. The entrance building is quite tall and even the doors are very large - large enough where they just look like they're there for show only. The second thing I immediately liked about this zoo was the way the ticketing worked. Both passages of ticket handling are placed indoors. From my memory, even on a low crowded day, there were 10 adjacent windows open to purchase your way into the zoo - so even if it were a crowded day . Within 10 more steps I walked through the next set of doors and I outside and ready to officially start my day.

My initial thoughts of the front section were very positive. Everything was tightly packed and I will honestly say I felt as if I was in a rich individual's back yard. I was surrounded by fences of rock, stone, and plentiful trees that created a small forest. The first exhibit I immediately came across actually composed one of those walls. This is:

Penguin Point

Penguin Point is actually quite small, only being 770 square feet. But it comes with four viewings - A small glass fronted area with a view of the land to the left - a large window that allows a full view of the area, including underwater - steps that lead up to a small balcony - and an above and underwater view on the very right. The back fencing is a composed of very tall rock work and it is filled with many aligned holes.
    Humboldt Penguin

Moving along just a few feet north is the official beginning of the zoo's first major attraction:

Legends of the Wild

Immediately following the penguins is a long stream of creek rock, ponds and waterfalls. This is known as the Waterfowl Pond, and it is very lively. This creek is actually quite large, it is nearly 3,000 sq ft and even flows through a section of which guests may not see. The guest path follows under a large mountainous like structure and goes over this lengthy exhibit. It contains:
    Mallard
    Mandarin Duck
    Hooded Merganser
    Redhead
    Rosy-billed Pochard
    Baikal Teal

Continuing through, you are forced to a slight right into what appears like another plaza entrance - very small and tight as well. In front of me was an exhibit entrance sign (all of them are the same - concrete, no logo, no illustrations, just words) that read:

Madagascar: Lemur Exhibit

I opened the doors to this somewhat small and low ceilinged building and got an upclose glimpse of the first featured animal. Right across from the entrance doors is a rather large, square shaped terrarium. It was rainforest themed, filled with mist and the windows were fogged.
    Henkel's Leaf-tailed Gecko

Directly to the left of this begins a long narrow habitat that eventually turns into another wall - making it appear as if they are two habitats. The active creatures are also featured behind glass. The walls have no unique structure but there are murals painted over them. It is filled with many logs, fake trees, vines and rope to allow these primates to walk through the entire habitat without touching the floor.
    Red Ruffed Lemur
    Black-and-White Ruffed Lemur
    Ring-tailed Lemur

Across from these exhibits and settled in the far corner of the room is a stand alone terrarium. It stands over 6ft and guests can walk fully around it. I suspect it once held a python of some sorts but unfortunately it was
    [EMPTY]

The short journey to Madagascar is over as the double doors are opened. You are lead into what appeared to be the central meeting point of all the combined trails within the Legends of the Wild. In this area lies a small aviary - 165 sq. ft. The entire length is only around 10 ft and about 7 ft high. It is nestled at the center of a large mock up of rock that is connected to the next indoor attraction. This particular aviary is placed directly in between the entrance and exit doors to this building
    Hyacinth Macaw

To the left of the macaws is a small and very narrow path, that almost forms a dead end alley way, took me into this very, very dark building:

Bats!

When immediately entering into the single way door, the first thing I noticed, other than the darkness, was the structure. The inner parts of the building are made up entirely of stone and brick, including the frames that hold the exhibit windows - making it temple themed. It is a very small animal house - it offers a crooked, one lined hallway but it does have an 8 ft tall to a later 10 ft tall ceiling. Giving space for these plentiful flying mammals.

Upon entering, the first exhibit nearly connects to the entrance doorway. It is a very large terrarium that extends all the way from the ground floor to the top of the ceiling. It is nice in length but not quite that large in width - it is square shaped and can be seen from two sides:
    Cave Dwelling Rat Snake

Across from this is also a large habitat that extends nearly to the top of the ceiling. However, in this case, the width is much greater than the height. Aside from the darkness that makes the animal impossible to see already, the exhibit is nearly completely filled with brush for climbing opportunities.
    Pygmy Slow Loris

Down the hall (only just a few feet), the ceiling rises up a bit more. It is filled with vines, branches, and camo mesh. The most notable thing is the hallway's lighting source, which are are hanging buckets that obtain (plastic) flames in them. In this half of the building, the stars of the attraction are displayed in two, quite large habitats that are on opposite walls of each other. Each exhibit floor slopes down about a foot below ground level. Aside from the many branches that are hung throughout the top parts of the exhibits, they are slightly bare. The zoo claims to have three bat species but there was only one exhibit labelled (with one animal). Judging from my video, it appears that those three species are displayed.
    1. Seba's Short-tailed Bat (Right Wall)
    2. Straw-colored Fruit Bat, Rodrigues Fruit Bat (Left Wall)

The end of the left wall displays very small terrariums that are meant to blend in with the temple themed wall. There are five of them, all similar sized with the exception of the lengthy first and top one. In order, it goes: Top left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right.
    1. Dyeing Poison Dart Frog, Green-and-Black Poison Dart Frog, Bumblebee Poison Dart Frog
    2. Mantella Frog
    3. Axolotl (Emptied Out)
    4. Hissing Cockroach

As you exit, you are taken back to the right side of the macaw exhibit and back to the 'center plaza' of Legends of the Wild. A little further across from what I just went through is the first displayed attraction in a larger setting.

This is an exhibit on the smaller side (about 550 sq. ft.) - the animal is viewable through a large glass window, and the fencing is composed of both low and tall stone work with symbols carved within it. Lying in the habitat itself is a large stone head of a beast. The viewing area is nearly enclosed and has what I suspect are supposed to be Mayan figures painted on the walls. The back wall is the shortest however, the rest of it is meshed to keep out the next animal…
    Capybara

The next exhibit, like mentioned, is only separated to the Capybara's home through mesh. It can be compared as medium sized to the latter - 1,350 sq. ft. The viewing area forms a corner, shaped like an 'L' and allows guests to see into this from two angles. This home contains a fake tree for climbing, and a waterfall from the left wall that leads into a pool. It is completely covered in mesh, and the remaining part of the yard slopes up to form a small hill towards the back. The viewing area is covered with stone, and the columns that hold it up are sculptures of a sitting 'beast' that is a depiction of this animal.
    Jaguar

The path leads uphill, forming a couple of sharp turns and it surrounds you with more tall stone walls. At the top, you are met with a large, flat rock wall with two large windows settled into them. The viewing area to this exhibit is open-aired however, purposefully weak wooden boardwalks are placed along the length of the rock wall, settled above your head. The yard can be compared to the size of the Jaguar home - 1,600 sq. ft. - it is mesh covered, and the back part of the yard slopes uphill.
    Andean Condor

You are lead back down the hill offering a ramp of tight turns to get down. In the midst of the ramp is a small paddock. It is enclosed like something you'd see in a petting zoo - low wooden fencing and an opportunity to get very close to the animals. Oddly, a part of the previously mentioned boardwalk structure is placed separately within this yard.
    Alpaca

The path ventures back towards the Legends of the Wild plaza and to a typical first time guest, it may be difficult to find out where to go next. However, literally directly across from the last path is a new one that leads to the rest of the zoo.

These exhibits are still apart of Legends of the Wild, but with this path's length it makes it appear that they are completely separate from it. The next displays are somewhat connected in a way, and together they form a theme that everybody loves and is rarely found in zoos: The Predator and the Prey. The exhibits are rather small, with the first one coming shortest in size - 950 sq. ft. and 1,700 sq. ft. Both are mountainous themed and the walls that surround the animals are large forms of mock rock for climbing. With that said, the first home is covered in wired mesh. To follow the predator and prey theme, both animals must (or usually) be able to get in each other's line of view. So the two species are only separated by see through glass. The viewing is window based only, and brick columns hold up a checkered wooden structure that is settled over top guests
    1. Snow Leopard
    2. Himalayan Tahr

You are lead out of this section… but some elements of Legends of the Wild are still left to be unseen. You have the option is taking a left or a right - left taking you to the rest of the zoo… or right, backtracking you towards the entrance. Let's take a right. Glimpses of the next exhibit's fencing can be caught as you take a short walk.

The viewing of this very narrow and long habitat - 2,400 sq. ft. - oddly only allows you to see the animal through glass. Odd for viewing hoofstock that is. The viewing only gives you a close up view of a small portion of the yard and the rest goes down a narrow passage - perfect for privacy.
    Sika Deer

Continuing to backtrack to the entrance, you are met with a typical but still pleasant wetlands like exhibit. It is well vegetated and a shallow pool takes up around 80% of this smaller sized - 850 sq. ft. - yard.
    Chilean Flamingo

As it doesn't need to be mentioned, take the same path to venture towards the northern sections of the zoo. After once passing the leopard/tahr exhibits, you are finally out of Legends of the Wild and are stuck in a stand still decision between visiting the next three attractions. I'll describe the path that I took and kept as north as I possibly could, leading me to the zoo's largest attraction:

Grizzly Ridge

First, in obvious contrast to Legends of the Wild, the remaining paths remain open spaced, and there are no walls that enclose you in. Visible from the very start of your journey up this steep hill is a large structure that is clearly a walkthrough exhibit. It is settled along a manmade creek bed, that flows with slow moving water that is tossed into a small lake at the bottom of the hill. This exhibit has a small viewing area settled at the bottom. I will touch more on this later.

Further up the hill you are officially at the entrance of this newer attraction, but you don't quite enter without coming across its first major attraction. This yard is decent sized - 2,400 sq. ft. - open topped, filled with many arbs and hiding opportunities - so great that I only saw one of the five specimens on my first time around the zoo. The viewing is glass and the framing is composed of pasted creek rock and logs that read:
    Bald Eagle

Moving towards the left and under the Grizzly Ridge arch, uphill a little further lies that large structure - 3,150 sq. ft. - I mentioned earlier. As you could've guessed, this is walkthrough aviary. Not just a walkthrough exhibit but the viewing is deck is settled along a hill of its own, and it is designed to act as a large treehouse. It is filled with a couple of large trees, including one where the boardwalk is built around it. The fencing is thin wired mesh, so it is easy to get an easy look at a good portion of what lies below and beyond this aviary. Apparently 60 species live in this aviary but I only saw:
    Blue Jay
    Wild Turkey
    Northern Cardinal
    Downy Woodpecker
    Tufted Titmouse
    American Robin
    Grey Catbird
    Mourning Dove
    American Goldfinch
    Unidentified Ducks

As you exit, you are still lead up hill. At the next bend you are given a nice view of the small lake and an open look of the zoo below. There is also a plastic simulated bald eagle nest for guest photo opportunities. Going up you are met with a viewing shelter where the zoo's third largest residence live. They occupy the zoo's largest exhibit - 15,600 sq. ft. - that is filled with many trees, long fallen trees, and even a small underwater viewing for their small pool. This habitat can be viewed twice in two different locations.
    Grizzly Bear

The trail still continues to lead up this massive hill - in this case you are taken north and then west of the zoo. In the meantime you are met with a large rock structure that features the next critters you'll come across. Engraved into this rock and in between these animals states the zoo's name. a few feet past this is a preview of the next exhibit. A viewing shelter takes up the space of the entire path and is connected to this rock. Inside it is a wonderful opportunity to see the crystal clear blue waters of a deep pool…

Headed a bit further on the path is the hill top of Grizzly Ridge. In view are the remaining animal exhibits and the attractions fence line isn't a fence at all. It's actually composed of false houses and shops like of which you would see in the 'Wild, Wild West'. To the left of these structures is another glass set view of the Grizzly Bear exhibit.

Across from this is one of the most unique exhibits I've ever seen, and not just for this particular species. This habitat - 1,300 sq. ft. - has glass viewing all throughout the front. The left side has a shallow pool (no underwater view) and land filled with plenty of glass - the middle is the start of the very deep pool (with underwater view) of which I mentioned earlier - and the right side features a very tall slide that children may go down as they see these creatures swim right by them. From what I've seen, the slide idea doesn’t quite work out the way you would hope. However, if you watch my video, the slide idea worked out perfectly. The child moved slowly down the slide as the animals swam right next to them.
    North American River Otter

Moving to the opposite side of this ol' western themed are is a sheltered viewing area that peers into another fine habitat. The yard is plentiful of tall grasses and more arbs, but it isn't shaded as a forest would be. It is somewhat large - being at 6,100 sq. ft. and offers two viewings through glass.
    Red Wolf

Moving along you come upon a small barn like structure that features two very small adjacent pens. The pens have wood fencing and the remaining top part is caged.
    Ring-necked Pheasant

Second Red Wolf Viewing

Coming within view, a little further north on the trail are three large barn doors that act as an opening for this viewing shelter. It is must easier to see on my video as to what I'll try to describe but these doors do not connect - the middle door is placed further within the shelter and creates passages on either side for guests to view the animal (through glass). This design was to rid of glare. This is similar to the Red wolf yard however, it is a smaller - 3,300 sq. ft. - but contains many naturally placed trees that create a perfect amount of shade.
    Coyote

The next section is the final exhibit settled on the most northern side of the zoo. It is designed as a simple petting zoo, with two interconnecting paddocks that allow for easy interactions with these animals. There is even small train that runs through half of it. This is the:

Farmland

Where you can interact with:
    Boer Goat
    Nubian Goat
    Oberhasli Goat
    Polylay Sheep
    Karakhul Sheep
    Dwarf Goat
    Chicken (Separate exhibit)

At the very tip of the zoo is a hidden structure that leads to the zoo's main garden section. There is a hidden structure that I'm sure 90% of zoo guests miss. I completely missed it until I saw the species listed on the map but had no idea that it was there. Anyways the exhibit is quite small and is themed to look like the inside of the barn, however, the outside of it does not follow this. The front fencing is cage wire and there is nothing stopping guests from getting as close as possible to it.
    Barn Owl

After quite the journey of going up hill to see what the best the zoo has to offer, you are finally led downhill. Overall, you are not done quite yet with the North America theme. Not too far down passed the gardens section of the park lies a small paddock that is labelled as the "Retired Yard", for older more frail individuals that are not fit to interact with guests at the Farmland. This contained:
    Dwarf Goat
    Karakhul Sheep

Just a few steps down the line you'll find a rather small, and kind of tall but adequate aviary - 500 sq. ft. The aviary can be split in two with a door that is settled in between them.
    Snowy Owl
    Burrowing Owl

The path reveals to be one giant loop, and you are finally lead back to the entrance of the Grizzly Ridge. We're not done yet - just two more attractions to go. The next one is filled densely covered with trees, giving off a rainforest like feel, which is perfect as the area fits the name of:

Tiger Valley

For the first section of Tiger Valley, walking is completely done on a low elevated boardwalk. The first habitat you come across is the most shaded. It is open topped, contains small pools, and slopes quite a few down from the boardwalk's ground level.
    White Stork

Immediately following this is a glass fronted exhibit that is directly connected onto the boardwalk. The yard is on the medium side - 1,500 sq. ft., open topped, and is filled with climbing structures.
    Red Panda

The path continues down into a forest where you are met with a picnic area. Also featured are playground games that test your ability to be like an animal. The first ramp slopes north and then takes you immediately back towards the south side of the zoo. Past all of this is a small wetlands like exhibit that is settled somewhat far below the boardwalk.
    Smew
    Blue-winged Teal

Continuing south a viewing structure is in eye sight. Within it is a large glass window that peers to look into a very well vegetated but small -habitat - 2,350 sq. ft. The fence is very high but the exhibit is still open topped. Within the middle of the yard is a small pool with a waterfall.
    Sumatran Tiger

To the right of the tigers is a path that leads into a rather large, atypical viewing shelter. It is constructed of very large, completely black painted cement blocks. In my opinion I just believe it is a bit odd due to its blandness. You can see what I mean in my video. Anyways within the building are two adjacent viewing glass frame. The bottom of the glass is waist high and as is the yard itself. It is on the small side for the species - 1,400 sq. ft. , the fencing is the cement blocks, and there are few boulders and logs thrown around.
    Sun Bear

To the left of the bear exhibit is another (glass) view of the Sumatran Tiger

Headed down south once more, facing the opposite direction is a small and simple exhibit - 2,700 sq. ft . Not something that is usually said to describe a home for this species. The couple has one, small wooden structure for climbing and resting, and settled in front of (in the exhibit) the viewing glass is a small pool with a rock fence.
    African Lion

Continuing towards the entrance lies the final attraction:

Komodo Kingdom

This exhibit is completely indoors, with the exception of one outdoor yard, and features rainforest species along with the zoo's newest thing to offer: Curious Creatures. From what I saw, there was no clear indication that this was in fact Komodo Kingdom. I conjured up the thoughts that this was just a café area that happens to have a side animal attraction inside. Luckily for myself, I entered the back way which only focuses on the animals.

Starting out in the back, you'll first run into a small - 650 sq. ft., very low fenced yard. The fencing is actually just large sticks and beyond that are small vertically placed stumps. I will describe more once we get inside.

Also alongside the building is a large viewing window that allows you to see the star of the attraction inside…

As you enter inside you are particular met with a very large exhibit. I would have to guess the habitat is nearly 1,000 sq. ft. large. It is filled with fake trees, rocks, wood chips, and multiple pools. The viewing is completely unobstructed, and the glass curves for several feet.
    Komodo Dragon

To the left of the entrance is the indoor pen for this particular giant. This exhibit is open fronted and once again has a low fence. The framing of a closed door in the back clearly indicates that this specimen also reserves the home outdoors.
    Galapagos Tortoise

Moving along in the building you come across what appears to be a separate attraction separated by its own wall. On this was is a depiction of a very large Octopus settled in a circular frame. A lighting effect was added over this graphic to make it appear like the moving lights of an ocean floor caused by sun rays. This is:

Curious Creatures

Through a small doorway you are taken into another room. Right in front of the entrance are two small-medium, identical, rectangle shaped tanks. Above these are T.V. monitors that broadcasts a live security feed of those who enter. One side shows how humans see things (filled with glares and incorrectly depicted temperatures due to the camera) and the right one shows how this particular species sees (no glares, correct temperature).
    Flamboyant Cuttlefish

Along the next wall to the right and across from this is glass display. Within in it are plastic boxes and tubes that connect with each other.
    Naked Mole Rat

To the left is a similar exhibit, except instead of one glass casing there are three separate tanks. The first and third ones are small and are half tubes while the middle contains a majority of the tubes that these creatures wonder through.
    Leaf-cutter Ant

Across and over to the next wall is a smaller size tank that is rather bare however, it actually features a front view of how this species burrows into the sand. It can be better understood through the video.
    American Mantis Shrimp

On the same wall is a medium sized rainforest tank with above and underwater viewing.
    Mata Mata Turtle

Settled within the corner between this and the next wall is a fully filled tank that sticks out onto the guests reserved floor. It is quite large, and is completely curved to form an 'I' shape. Along the top of the pedestal that holds this tank are multiple circular screens that appear to show off shocks on electricity - fitting the theme for the:
    Electric Eel

On the next wall are two medium sized connecting, square shaped terrariums
    Panther Chameleon

Medium sized, typically shaped tank
    Giant Pacific Octopus
    Ochre Sea Star (I suspect, no I.D.)

Across this and on a separate wall is a large, rainforest themed terrarium.
    Red-eyed Tree Frog

Starting to head down into this next room…

Semi large, completely bare tank featuring changing lights
    South American Sea Nettle

Completely down the next wall and entering into the next room (without a doorway entrance) are two tanks. The first one is somewhat large is bare on the sides but has a deep sandy floor and the next tank is identical to the Sea Nettle habitat.
    1. Yellow Garden Eel
    2. Moon Jelly

I advise to watching the video to see this unique tank but it is settled on top of a near chest high pedestal. It comes off of the wall vertically and it is what I like to call a false touch tank. I say this because it used to be a touch tank but a glass panel was placed over it. The depth of the tank is only a few inches.
    Yellow Stingray
    Polka-Dot Batfish
    Flying Gurnard

To the left there are three tall terrariums
    Butterwort
    Pitcher Plant
    Venus Fly Trap
    Sundew

The last section is located on the left corner of the room. The first thing that comes in view is a small touch tank section that I failed to visit (not a fan of guest/zoo employee interactions). Honestly I have no idea what it features but did appear to be atypical. It was more of a lab area rather than a single touch tank.

Across from this is, is a darkroom that features arguable the most unusual tanks in the entire zoo. When I saw darkroom I actually mean it would be pitch black if it were not for the light of the tanks. But that's not the unusual part. There are three tanks, the first and third tanks are quite large and rectangular shaped. The middle one is smaller and convexed. The first and third are filtered with blue and yellow fluorescent lights.
    1 and 3 - Chain Dogfish , Sea Stars, Various Coral
    2. Flashlight Fish (Completely Emptied)

Exit the attraction and you are back to Komodo Kingdom

In the left side corner, standing by itself is a tall terrarium
    Green Tree Python

In the near center of the room and across from the Komodo Dragon is an exhibit that is rather unusually shaped and hard to describe (again… please see the video). It is medium sized, has a lower ceiling, the back comes to a corner point but the front is curved to form a semi circle. At almost every point the viewing offer both of the above and underwater elements. Along the front, the glass is scattered with mock rock and a few logs. The land area is filled with heavy vegetation, long branches and vines that stretch throughout the entire exhibit.
    Golden Lion Tamarin
    Blue-grey Tanager
    Silver-beaked Tanager
    Saffron Finch
    Yellow-spotted Amazon River Turtle
    River Stingray
    Midas Cichlid

Second Komodo Dragon view

Down the hallway, the café comes in view, but before you enter into the next room, there is a medium sized tank that stands by itself.
    Mountain Chicken Toad

Further down and at the end of the hallway is a semi large, and tall tank that can nearly be viewed all around.
    Redside Dace
    Rainbow Darter
    Mottled Sculpin
    Redbelly Dace
    Central Stoneroller
    Striped Shiner
    Greenside Darter
    Blacknose Dace

The true entrance comes into view and as you're about to exit… or enter… is a medium sized tank that is viewable from both this hallway and the café.
    White-spotted Bamboo Shark
    Brown-banded Bamboo Shark

Finished…

I am exhausted and I won't create a complex conclusion but overall, I enjoyed the Akron Zoo very much and I will definitely be back next year for even better photo opportunities. I don't know if I just got luckily but I believe I was quite successful this time around. Even though it is small and doesn't contain a whole lot of animals… but if you like something different, I would recommend this zoo to all.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2017
  2. TigerValley98

TigerValley98 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I placed some comments and additions to your original post. It looks like this in the quote below. If there are any questions, just ask. Tiger Valley will be renovated in the next year or so. Larger red panda, African lion, and Sumatran tiger exhibits. Monkeys and gibbons will also be added. A Ferris wheel may be added as well. Two other areas being talked about to be located behind Grizzly Ridge and Farmland include an African Plains exhibit with rhinoceros and an orangutan exhibit.

3. Moebelle

Thank you for those. As evident in my video, there is no Shrimpfish with the garden eels.

4. TigerValley98

TigerValley98 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

There was when the exhibit opened three weeks ago.

5. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

''Unidentified Ducks?' Do you have any photographs of them please?

6. Moebelle

TigerValley took care of that. They are Blue-winged Teals.