Join our zoo community

Speculative Zoo Design and Planning forum

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by Simon Hampel, 28 Nov 2021.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

As per my original post in this thread, the Fantasy Zoos forum has now been archived and no new threads may be created and no new posts made in threads there.

If there are threads in the Fantasy Zoo Archive which you believe meet the criteria to be included in the Speculative Zoo Design and Planning forum, but have not yet been moved - please feel free to report the first post in the thread to bring it to the attention of the moderation team. Be sure to include justification for why you feel it belongs in the new speculative forum.

2. Austin the Sengi

Austin the Sengi Well-Known Member

As a project that I have been working very hard on since November of this year, I do believe that the Rembrandt Park Zoo project should be considered a thread that would be able to follow up with the new standards that the moderators have been working on for quite sometime. In addition to being a speculative zoo design thread with a noticeable hint of realism, combined with an equal amount of my imagination; it also happens to be a thread that is still in a constant work in progress, with a detailed description of evey exhibit that I cover, a species list that will occasionally change with the times every now and then, as well as the slight details of some of the individual animals that will call this speculative zoo their home. If this previous description of mine doesn’t sound like the rembrandt park zoo thread should be a part of the somewhat newish speculative zoo design and planning forum at all, then I don’t know what it is with people these days. But regardless of what I have stated earlier. I do believe that the “Rembrandt Park Zoo” thread should be able to meet up with the criteria standards of this drastic change of dynamics, as well as to be relevant with the times from this point onward.

~ @Austin the Sengi

3. Simon Hampel

As per my instructions, can you please report the first post in your thread to bring it to the attention of the moderation team.

4. Austin the Sengi

Well Simon, out all of the times that I have been here on ZooChat. I do admit that I have never properly used the report button without me accidentally clicking on it for no reason whatsoever.

[Edit] I just noticed the report button here on this post, and I will get back to work as soon I know on what I am supposed to be doing.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2021
    ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  5. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

I’ve had the same issue as @Austin the Sengi, my zoo meets the right requirements for being moved, but that has not been done. I reported the post with an explanation, but I was wondering if there are any procedures I will need to follow if it does get moved.

Austin the Sengi likes this.
  6. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Patience is a virtue: I would assume they're having to go through the 31 pages of threads one by one to check whether they meet the criteria to be moved. Simon already stated more than once that if it qualifies it will get moved.

7. Austin the Sengi

Well everyone, since it seemed that I unintentionally ended myself by starting an off-topic conversation. I just wanted to apologize to you all for my seemingly impatient attitude lately when it came to responding everyone who replied after my request post was made. It’s just because that this December has so far been quite an emotionally turbulent month for me, and when you combine this with the daily hassles of life, the approaching holidays, and of course, the announcement of the aforementioned new forum. You could say that it all ends up into a little sengi’s mind that eventually results into a mental disarray that almost made me choose to quit ZooChat for good, (well it obviously didn’t happen, but you still get the point). Anyways, I was only under in this behavioral situation also due to the fact that I had been making some pretty good progress, and have also worked very hard to make my Rembrandt Park Zoo project to be more relevant, and exciting to everyone who also happened to be following it since I first began to properly showcase my project only a month ago. It was only when the new forum was first announced that I began to realize that I needed to create at least, one more new post, before the new rules started to take effect. But in all seriousness, I just wanted to say to all of you moderators and users out there an apology for the majority of the mental mishaps that I made in just one day.

~ @Austin the Sengi

Last edited: 5 Dec 2021
    Bengal Tiger likes this.
  8. Bengal Tiger

Hate to be a bother @Simon Hampel, but my request to get my thread moved was not acknowledged, I have tried multiple times in hopes the moderators would notice, but to no avail, what should I do?

Bisonfan likes this.
  9. Great Argus

Wait your turn?

TinoPup, Bengal Tiger and Bisonfan like this.
  10. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Start a new thread which meets the requirements of the SpecZoo forum, rather than repeatedly asking us to move one which does not.

11. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I just noticed that the gallery for fantasy zoo media has not been changed.

So I suppose that fantasy zoo/speculative zoo design related media should still be posted in that place, if they are not posted as an attachment?

I just did with a design for my newest project, in case I had to do it differently I apologize.

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/categories/fantasy-zoos.3253/

12. TeaLovingDave

I'm actually not sure about what the current status quo for that gallery is, off the top of my head :) but I am sure Simon will be able to clarify matters for you!

13. Simon Hampel

If your thread hasn't been moved, then either we haven't had a chance to process it yet - or it does not meet the criteria. All reports are noticed and discussed - you can be sure that if something is reported that the moderators have seen it.

In this specific case, I will highlight the important phrase in the original post in this thread:

The key word here is "design" - we expect some thought and detail

Your thread does not meet this criteria.

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  14. LycaonSekowei

LycaonSekowei Well-Known Member

I have a quick question. Why was the Fantasy Zoos forum removed? I loved that forum.

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  15. Bengal Tiger

It has been explained above.

birdsandbats likes this.
  16. LycaonSekowei

LycaonSekowei Well-Known Member

I also wanted to bring back the species list ideas forum (started by @ChunkyMunky pengopus) but unfortunately, it doesn't meet the rules, and when I tried to bring it back, replies were turned off ):

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  17. IndianRhino

IndianRhino Well-Known Member

Just read the thread, it is explained very thoroughly in the first post. Someone literally asked that same question earlier, read before you ask questions guys...;):)

18. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

birdsandbats and IndianRhino like this.
  19. TeaLovingDave

I have a quick question; why did you not bother to read the multiple explanations in this thread before asking for us to explain matters to you again? :p

And yet you act surprised about this despite acknowledging it doesn't meet the rules?

20. Great Argus

Had it met the criteria, the original thread would have been moved. ;)

TinoPup likes this.