Join our zoo community

Sumartran Tigers in England?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by The Hedgehog, 17 Aug 2018.

1. The Hedgehog

The Hedgehog Well-Known Member

Can someone please list all the English Zoos/wildlife and safari parks,in England that have Sumartran tigers and also name them by personal name!

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards The Hedgehog

2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

There are no collections holding Sumartran Tigers :p

Now, Sumatran Tigers on the other hand.......

Oliver, Harry, George, Jack and Jacob.

3. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

If I give your answers in posts then will you please stop asking questions? :rolleyes:

Edinburgh - Jambi (M) born September 2002 at Dudley to Sarah and Filon.

Welsh Mountain - Kinnara (F) born March 2012 at Krefeld to Sutera and Beludra. Budi (M) born February 2014 at London to Melati and Jae-Jae.

Manor House - Jaya (M) born January 2015 at Chester to Kirana and Fabi. Terima (F) born May 2014 at Beauval to Jambi and Asu.

South Lakes - Kumbuh (M) born September 2012 at Doue La Fontaine to Kiara and Bintang. Janine (F) born June 2013 at Arnhem to Jarum and Aryo. Cinta (F) born September 2012 at Doue La Fontaine to Kiara and Bintang.

Chester - Kirana (F) born May 2006 at Paignton to Banda and Tenang. Kasana (F) born January 2015 at Chester to Kirana and Fabi.

Dudley - Joao (M) born March 2012 at Krefeld to Sutera and Beludra. Daseep (F) born September 2010 at Frankfurt to Malea and Iban.

West Midlands Safari Park - Nakal (M) born February 2014 at London to Melati and Jae-Jae. Hujan (F) born September 2006 at Chessington to Ratna and Batu.

London - Jae-Jae (M) born March 2008 at San Francisco Zoo to Leanne and Bali. Melati (F) born August 2008 at Perth Zoo to Setia and Hari.

Howletts - Achilles (M) born June 2016 at London to Jae-Jae and Melati.

Paignton Zoo - Shakira (F) born July 2002 at Tierpark Berlin to Morris and Santana. Fabi (M) born May 2007 at Prague to Madalin and Dustin. Lucu (M) born May 2016 to Fabi and Shakira.

Belfast - Kinabalu (F) born July 2007 at Fuengirola to Rokan and Ashmara.

The Big Cat Sanctuary (Aka WHF) - Nias (M) born 2003 at Tierpark Berlin to Morris and Santana. Puna (F) born 2003 at Heidelberg to Kim and Sabu.

Flamingo Land - Surya (F) born February 2009 at Paignton to Banda and Tenang. Bawa (M) born June 2008 at The Big Cat Sanctuary to Nias and Puna. Menya (F) born August 2017 to Surya and Bawa.

Chessington - Ratna (F) born 2003 at Dublin to Sigra and Indah. Kelabu (F) born February 2008 at Chessington to Ratna and Batu.

Thrigby - Dua (F) born March 2004 at Dublin to Sigra and Indah. Kubu (M) born August 2011 to The Big Cat Sanctuary to Nias and Puna.

Drayton Manor - Gemma/Dora (F) born 2011 at Prague to Falco and Surami. Dua (M) born May 2005 at Stuttgart to Tuan and Dumai

pipaluk, 14556 and Andy B like this.
  4. squirrelmonkey

squirrelmonkey Well-Known Member

Belfast also has Kabus (M) who was born at Chessington. Not sure of the date but his parents are Ratna and Batu

5. Nisha

It was mentioned on the Sumatran Tigers in Europe thread that Kabus has just left to join a female at Rhiene in Germany.

6. squirrelmonkey

squirrelmonkey Well-Known Member

I had seen the pair of them at Belfast Zoo last month so took it he was still there.

7. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

While it will not give you the individual animals' names, you might find Zootierliste useful.

8. SHAVINGTONZOO

SHAVINGTONZOO Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Since the Hedgehog asked about "English zoos ... in England" we should delete all references to Edinburgh, Welsh Mountain and Belfast ...

:cool:

squirrelmonkey and pipaluk like this.
  9. cliffxdavis

cliffxdavis Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Nisha how do you know all this stuff? Is there a website or book no one has told me about?

10. Nisha

13 years of research and a very good memory :rolleyes:. I started off researching the family tree of one Sumatran Tiger (my namesake) and just carried on from there.

I do have an international studbook (not online) but it isn't recent

cliffxdavis and Kifaru Bwana like this.
  11. Nisha

I was answering Hedgehog's next set of questions before he asked them :rolleyes:

Andy B, SHAVINGTONZOO and pipaluk like this.