Join our zoo community

sumatran rhinos, whipsnades white rhinos and the gorillas at howletts.....

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by patrick, 23 Apr 2007.

1. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

come on, admit it - its been driving you nuts too......

i have noticed that when i hit the "new posts" link there seem to be a lot more than usual.

in fact there are so many that i really don't have the time to read them all. what bothers me owever is that often when i do hit one thread that is of particular interest to me it is more than likely no longer talking about "malayan tapirs in australia" but instead about the gorillas at howlett's in the UK.

and often when it is on topic, it might just say something like "i once saw a malayan tapir"...

i know we bring this one up a lot, and we are all equally guilty of it but i think things are going particuarly nuts lately. i think its absolutely great that we have so many new members of late from the UK and i whole-heartedly welcome them and their contribution to the forum. but maybe we need to make a clearer distinction between the content we choose to post in threads titled, for example, "white rhinos at dubbo", "white rhinos at whipsnade" and simply "white rhinos".

by no means am i saying that you cant use overseas zoos as examples, but please lets keep it relevant. lets switch back on topic or start a new thread rather than let it rapidly evolve like a galapagos finch or chichlid in africa(did ya like that one guys?;)).

oh and master hornbill, i am well aware that you are thirteen years old, but please, if you make any more posts under a sentance long in what appears to be an undying quest to resurrect long dead threads - i am going to have speak to your mother!!! ;)

2. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

You must have been reading my mind Pat, I was thinking the very same thing as you on this, But i hope your not asking Master hornbill to trim his beak, hehe, LOL.

3. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

4. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

hey grant his wasn't directed particuarly at you.

i totally understand how threads evolve, it has been raised as an issue long before you joined the forum. and its fine, like i said, to breifly talk about overseas zoos as examples (and that goes for us australasians too), but lately i feel its really going off on other tangents.

oh and hornbill - i'm seriously considering asking sim to put you on a 5 posts a day limit!! ;)

5. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member