Join our zoo community

surplus guidebooks for exchange

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Paradoxurus, 15 Mar 2008.

1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Maybe easier JJ if you say what you are looking for specifically

2. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Will clarify it more (Just trying to get my collection up more, I am on something like 22 :p). I'm looking for some old Blackpool ones [Mainly] but IMO I'm just trying to see if any zoochatters have any available for sale. :p

3. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

if you can wait until next September, Zoohistorica 2013 is going to be in Bristol. If your collection is this small, you will find literally hundreds of guides (and other things) that will boost your stock. Most collectors prefer to exchange, but many will happily sell too. There'll be collectors fro all around Europe there. And with one or two very notable exceptions, they're a pretty generous lot too, so, so long as you are friendly and polite, you may well be given a great deal of stuff too.

4. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this. I may be able to attend, I am looking into this at the moment, will see when the time comes nearer. :)

5. Javan Rhino

Javan Rhino Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Well when I did the IZES Collector's Fair at Chester this year, I didn't take that much money and I still needed about 4 people and 2 trips to get everything to the car, because people knew I was new to the scene, was keen and didn't have many, so they kept piling them into my hands quite literally!

[I think I did people a favour, as sometimes people end up with a lot of spares they just want shot of as they've been in a combined auction or similar, or sometimes they're just wanting to make space at home for one reason or another]

6. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

And we never did get paid for carrying three tons of guide books to the car

7. Mrhinuk

Mrhinuk Active Member

Surplus Whipsande Guides

Hi,

Do you still have any surplus Whipsnade Guides in your collection. Nothing to swap I am afraid, but willing to buy.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best Regards,

Mike H