Join our zoo community

Survey

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by HSFowler, 20 Oct 2015.

1. HSFowler

HSFowler New Member

Hi Guys!

I am a third year student studying Animal Behaviour and Training and as a part of one of my assignments I have a survey on: '
    Are the public aware of the information posts placed outside animal exhibits and is the information retained for periods of time after their visit?'
    If anyone has been to a zoo/safari park/aquarium fairly recently and has a spare couple of minutes could you take a moment to fill this survey out?
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S8GD5WK

Many thanks in advance :)

Holly Fowler.

2. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Dear Holly,

You will have a hugely scued audience here on zoochat, as they all will have been in a zoo recently and most of them are quite critical / self proclaimed zoo experts.... So you may not get representative results with the people here....

3. HSFowler

HSFowler New Member

Okay thank you for that, I can understand that I'm just trying to get as many people completing it as possible so I am trying different forums :)

Kind Regards,

Holly

4. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that a considerable number of people on this forum (including myself) actually photograph the signs in zoos.
    In my case, (and I daresay I'm not the only one who does this) as an easy way of making a species list of a zoo, or just for the sake of photographing some interesting signage (or if the sign is incorrect in some way).

5. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Many zoos actually do survey their guests and this information is available.... especially since your query is so general.

Find a way to post your question in the suitable Education discussion groups of AZA or BIAZA or WAZA and you will get real data

6. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

Good luck with it.

have you tried hanging around outside a zoo for an hour or o before closing and asking people?. I reckon you could gather a lot of data doing this method rather than online surveys :)