Join our zoo community

Tallinn Zoo Tallinn zoo

Discussion in 'Estonia' started by eddielargefc, 4 Jun 2012.

1. Jonas Bodingh

Jonas Bodingh Member

Hello
    Security Check Required
    this page, cAN YOU SEE the new tiger valley, how the exibith is finiched in 2022

some more news is the zoo building new rainforest exibith in 2022 too but any informations.

twilighter and Shirokuma like this.
  2. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

3. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The new news is that Rasputin, now in YWP, will move to Estonia as the new breeding male.

4. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member 10+ year member

And where will go Taïko, the resident male in la Flèche ?

5. Shirokuma

Aron leaving the zoo and travelling to France

Jungle Man and Kifaru Bwana like this.
  6. Shirokuma

Arrival of Rasputin from Yorkshire Wildlife Park

Kifaru Bwana and Jungle Man like this.
  7. Marco Penello

Marco Penello Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The zoo is planning a large rainforest pavilion which will take the most of the park's resources over the next years.

twilighter likes this.
  8. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

3 Polar bears born at the Zoo but all 3 died within a week :(.

Platypusboy likes this.
  9. Jola

Jola Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Female black rhino Kibibi passed away 22 Sept 2023.

10. Aramar

Aramar Well-Known Member

Oh, I was at the zoo that day and suddenly they closed that part of the zoo. Now I see why. I didn't get to see her :(

I visited the park on Friday and I had an amazing time. I had visited the park once before in 2020, but because of the of the pandemics most indoor buildings were closed that time. On Friday everything was open and I enjoyed the zoo a lot. Many animals were super active and I only missed the binturong, the gaur and Amur and Snow leopards (it was a hot day, so they must have been hiding in cooler areas).

Most animals have already moved from the old depressing concrete cages to large new habitats. From the large herbivores, only takins remained in the old ugly enclosures. The meerkats tiny enclosure which looks more like a terrarium is depressing and the Japanese macaques and the giant saltwater crocodile need to move to newer habitats one day.

There aren't lions in the zoo anymore and there are only 2 chimpanzees left. It would be nice to move the macaques to the chimpanzee enclosure when the 2 remaining chimps leave the zoo.

Now the good stuff. The new tiger area is under construction and it looks nice.

The park has an impressive collection of eagles, owls and cranes.

The musk ox was playing with giant balls and it was amazing seeing them running so fast and hitting the ball with all their strength.

I enjoyed the polar bears and their enclosure. One of them was swimming and I enjoyed the underwater views.

I was happy to see the armadillo, kinkajous, sand cats, Pallas' cats, Corsac foxes and galagos being active.

The new rainforest building was nice. Fishing cats were active and the Asian small clawed otter enclosure is great. They were all playful.

In general, I think the zoo is doing a good job in renovating and making new exhibits, even if there's still some work to do. It's definitely worth visiting!