Join our zoo community

Taman Safari Bogor Taman Safari's 2017 Wine Controversy

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by Emanuel Theodorus, 12 Nov 2020.

1. Emanuel Theodorus

Emanuel Theodorus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Pengunjung Taman Safari Cekoki Satwa dengan Anggur Merah (Indonesian)

In 14 November 2017, three visitors of Taman Safari Cisarua by the (initials) name of AA, PB, and an undentified person known to be their high school friend made headlines in local (and international) news because of their behavior during their visit.

In their AA's Instagram account, they recorded their antics of baiting a Nile Hippopotamus and a man spits alcohol right into the hippo's open mouth with a jackpot caption right over it. And in PB's account they bait a Blackbuck with a carrot and pours the wine on it's open mouth while it's trying to eat the carrot. There's also a video of them from what it seems like trying to bait a Zebra with money and feed it with wine like they did to the hippo and blackbuck from PB's account.

Inevitably, this antic leads to a huge outrage for netizens across the country, which results of it going extremely viral to the point even international news broadcasted it. Taman Safari officials has since threaten them with legal actions, but didn't take any actions since the animals are thankfully unharmed from the wine. Instead, they force them to publicly apologize and clarified their actions.

To this day, I can't believe somebody would do this stupid. Not only it absolutely enrages me as an animal lover (it still does to this day), it also makes me astonished as to why they would record this and expects not to recieve any outrage from people. It's just really saddening and infuriating that people would do this stupid for clout.

Edit: I have deleted their real names and social media account in fear of doxxing and cyberbullying.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2020
  2. Fargusno

Fargusno Well-Known Member

Dear Arceus, this is why I hate cringy Indonesian netizens who are total asswipes and bootlickers like them. They ignore animal welfare and etiquettes just to make themselves funny or famous.

3. Emanuel Theodorus

It's almost been three years since this incident yet I can still feel the same rage I had three years ago. They are so lucky they get away scot-free with only a warning, because I would literally feed them to hungry tigers if I was part of the officials.

Even their apologies didn't sound sincere at all. If you watch this news,
    Masih Ingat Aksi ABG Beri Miras pada Satwa Taman Safari? Netter Kembali Kesal Pelaku Unggah Ini - Tribunnews.com (Indonesian)
    you can clearly tell they didn't feel any sort of guilt from the incident.

Salt Merchant likes this.
  4. Fargusno

What in the name of diarrhea-coated potatoes?! Why would Taman Safari doesn't feel any guilt :(

5. Salt Merchant

Salt Merchant Well-Known Member

As much as I hate of what they were doing, I don't think putting their social media account or real name would help. It's just makes thing worst in my opinion. The internet also have creeps and other bad people, it could also leads to a witch hunt and someone doxxed them. Aside from registered members, there is also guest that we don't know that would might view this thread. I think you should later used a initial instead of their real name.

6. Emanuel Theodorus

Right, my apologies for that. Although the news themselves has pretty much revealed their names and identities, I think I should've just censored them in the beginning. I've also edited their names and accounts out.

7. Fargusno

That's better. We shouldn't turn this site as a place to doxx or witch hunt people. If we do that, we are no better than those asswipes on Reddit and 4chan.