Join our zoo community

Taronga Zoo Taronga Zoo

Discussion in 'Australia' started by KarenH, 14 Oct 2011.

1. KarenH

KarenH Member

Drove from Canberra to Sydney to visit Taronga Zoo today and was so pleased I did! I thought the Zoo was excellent!

Very impressed with the way Taronga has preserved their zoo's history and retained many of the old animal enclosures.

Loved seal display in the Harbour View souvenir shop! The Bird Show and the Seal Show were great and should not be missed. So pleasing to see not one, not two but ... so many great walk-through aviaries.

Not so sure about the farmyard corner ... and the rabbits, chooks and goats but the kids obviously enjoyed it.

Signage throughout the zoo was great. Wish I had time to read and digest more facts but,as it was, it took me 6hrs to get around and see it all. Those Giraffes must have the best view of any giraffes in the world!

Thought the $44 admission charge was a bit steep and heard many people commenting about this during the day. Pleased Melbourne is much more reasonably priced and love how Melbourne's animals are generally grouped together in their own environs. However, I did think Taraonga Park was more vibrant and generally offered a bit more pizazz than Melbourne.

So many great things that I really enjoyed about this Zoo. I can now understand why it has such a great reputation.