Join our zoo community

Darling Downs Zoo Tawny Lions

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Jabiru96, 9 Apr 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briz

briz Member

He's just that kind of guy.

2. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Briz,

Just leave it alone. This sort of comment simply shows you have an agenda against Steve.

Who unlike your self uses his name on this site and does not hide behind an avatar like yourself.

The majority of people on this forum use an avatar and that fine as their comment are generally inoffensive and on a zoo related topic.

When you use an avatar in the way you do it just highlights an agenda. So suck it up Briz and show yourself for who you are and then you might show some integrity to your arguments, because atm you look foolish.

3. briz

briz Member

Dear Zooman, thank you for your comments. In no way shape or form am I affiliated with any institution that has anything to do with the zoo industry. I have never had an 'agenda'with Steve Robinson. It seems here on this site if anybody has a disagreement with the self-proclaimed zoo tycoon, the 'agenda' card is pulled out.

I thought things had calmed down. Steve even replied on my thread about Bullen's African lion safari. On that reply he tried his usual underhanded tactics. I did not respond nastily, I just stated my experience with a mature elephant when I was 15 years old.

I then come back to the tawny lion thread and see Steve is straight back into his dirty tricks. By naming myself and another person numerous times, construding the facts and as far as I can see wanting to continue this feud.

I don't wish to make public attacks on anybody, but the truth is Steve needs to think very carefully about what he types, before he sends it out there. This is my biggest criticism and this is where all our problems started.

Steve says criticism is like a water off a duck's back. If it doesn't worry him don't let it worry yourself.

I will not back down from somebody who likes to be a bully. So many people on this site especially when it is related to a Steve Robinson talk to each other and attack each other in a way I've never experienced before. They are bullied into submission. I will not just disappear. After all that has gone down, Steve has continue to misquote and take me out of context within his posts. I surely have a right of reply.

If someone offers public support thank you. If someone publicly condemns me once again thank you. I will always respond to everybody and always take on board anybody's comment to me whether it be positive or negative. I must say the threads involved in the last week have shown some pretty good numbers in a short period time they were active. Hopefully, my next thread about relationships within Queensland zoos will stay on topic and not turn into an all out personal crucifixion.

I look forward to is open and honest discussion.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2011
  4. orbe

orbe Active Member

Shut up for god sake

Unless you have something to say about zoos.

rant rant rant. You just can't help yourself.

Your last line was sufficent!!

Tim

5. briz

briz Member

Dear Tim, thanks for your post.

Please don't be too upset with me. I'm just trying to stay within the facts. I will be the first to admit, I haven't handle everything perfectly. What I'm hoping for is everybody reading this thread will try to be a little nicer and a little bit more respectful to their fellow members.

Tim I've read every Australian thread and post that is available to me. There are serious issues with the way people communicate between each other.

Tim, I'm never scared of criticism. Especially when it's constructive or justified. Your post does have a little bit of merit.

Tim you've asked me to 'shut up' and to keep my posts pertaining only to zoos. Before I take your advice, I would have to know why it's okay for you to dive in to this thread and 1) be rude.

2) post about a non-zoo related topic.

It comes across as hypocritical and detracts from the point you're trying to get across.

Steve.

6. nrg800

nrg800 Well-Known Member

I'm also going to dive in and try to answer this, I can't pretend I have any idea of Tim's motives... but I sure know my own for almost posting something very similar...

This whole farce has gone on way too long. It is both immature and petty, and although it was entertaining at first... it's not now.

Briz, this site has a certain way of working, which is almost unique to zoochat. It's casual, and although some of the members get cheek occasionally, no-one takes it personally, becuase that's how this site works, and I like it more for it! UMAG didn't seem at all offended by the replys, because he's been around long enough to know how the site works. He has recieved plenty of help and friendlyness in other topic, and he did get an answer to this topic.
    I understand why you'd feel this way about how zoo chat works, but I think the majority of the members like the format... So calm down everyone... no need to blow it into something huge, like people have now done to two threads recently...
    Steve's responces do look mean from anyone not used to zoochat, but it's how we work, and it's why we have fun! Can you imagine a very carefully modereated forum, with no cheek, no humour, no inside jokes, nothing but politically correct talk about certain gorillas in Philadelphia Zoo would have 4,400 members, 270,500 posts, 88,000 pictures, I personally wouldn't be active if there were no fun in the site.

Now:
    Shut up for god sake

Unless you have something to say about zoos.

rant rant rant. You just can't help yourself.

-Nathan

7. briz

briz Member

Dear Nathan, thanks for your post. I just want to take this opportunity to reiterate that I am not affiliated with any zoo, I don't hold any grudge against anybody and I definitely don't have any hidden agenda.

The only thing I'm looking at achieving here is for everybody to be a little more accountable for their actions. I will continue to reply and respond to posts that are directed at me. My biggest concern as I stated before, is people's eagerness to jump in and tear other people down.

I've heard over and over about the fun and cheekiness et cetera. These are good things to have in a forum, but I cannot condone or accept people being nasty for no good reason. It's quite easy to work out the tone behind certain postings, and in many situations many people don't have the confidence to speak up in their own defence, or worse be submissive and hope they can 'nice' their way out of any sort of conflict.

Once again I only want to improve the behaviour on this site. I don't want a moderator involved in every thread unnecessarily if they don't have to be. I've been told that zoo chat members self moderate. Endless postings show that many members don't self moderate. I have read many postings where Mark a zoo moderator does an excellent job of getting people back on track in a very polite and professional manner. I don't know Mark at all personally, but you can tell from his postings and threads that he has a mature nature and always kindhearted.

I'm not here to win a popularity contest and I'm sorry if people's feelings are being hurt by me bringing up my concerns. If there are people reading this thread that think my concerns are invalid, there is properly nothing I can say to change their minds. But hate and bad behaviour just spawns more hate and bad behaviour especially on Internet forum sites. It all boils down to a personal responsibility that asks the questions like-

Whether or not what I'm posting is in good nature, is fun in the true sense of the word, is a harmless joke or really a backhanded dig at somebody else's opinion they don't like.

Nathan, I'm happy to reply to you, I was a little disappointed with how you ended your post. Don't get me wrong I have no ill feelings towards you, I know you just want to be heard. The problem is this is the exact behaviour that perpetuates within the forum walls of zoo chat (Australia).

Steve.

Ps. Why is zoo chat such an anonymous site?. Maybe members should be encouraged to upload pics on their profiles.

8. KCZooFan

KCZooFan Well-Known Member

I think a moderator should close this thread as it has gotten nowhere.

briz, you seem like a well-intentioned member who just wants people to be treated fairly, so I respect you for that. However, having been in UMAG's position several times myself, I can say that these members meant no harm, were just having a little fun. He was not being unfairly treated, and did not get upset himself. I can see how Steve or ZYBen may have offended you, or how you may have seen them a picking on UMAG. These are both very kind and respectable members of the forum, and you should count youself lucky that you didn't get into an argument with some other members :)

Again, you seem well-intentioned, but this topic should die now. I'll leave it at that.

9. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Excellent response that I couldn`t agree any more with if I tried to,well said KCZooFan!!

10. felix

felix Well-Known Member

what happened to the tawny lions?

11. tetrapod

tetrapod Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Lions, being lions, probably fell asleep many posts ago.

Man you don't go on to ZooChat for a few days and all hell (the four-lettered kind) breaks loose. I suggest decaffeinated coffee is a must...

12. radfordb

radfordb Member

Well there is 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.....

Any suggestions for steves unnamed lions ??? Briz ???

Thankyou Steve (DDZ) for all the wonderful information you provide on this forum, please keep it up.

13. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

Could a mod please close this thread thank you.

14. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I recently read a possibly appropriate response from a moderator on another site.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.