Join our zoo community

United Kingdom Tetzoocon

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Crowthorne, 9 Oct 2017.

Tags:
  1. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Was just wondering if anyone here was planning on going to Tetzoocon on the 21st October? There are apparently a few tickets left and was seriously considering it, especially if there was a ZooChat contingent!

TetZooCon

Tim May likes this.
  2. Tim May

Tim May Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Thanks for bringing this event to my attention; I was unaware of it until I saw your recent post.

It sounds interesting; I plan to attend.

Crowthorne likes this.
  3. Crowthorne

Just got my ticket, looking forward to the day! Hope to see you there Tim :)

Tim May likes this.
  4. Tim May

I've just booked my ticket too so will probably see you there. Hopefully it will be an interesting and enjoyable day.

Are any other ZooChatters, from the London area, planning to attend?

Crowthorne likes this.
  5. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Given that the Tetzoo community is internet-based, it would be good to add a live feed or at least put youtube films from the presentations!

6. Tim May

I attended this event today and it was thoroughly enjoyable. It was good to meet up with "Crowthorne" again and there were some excellent talks covering a wide range of subjects. Topics included:-
    • history of zoos
    • thylacines
    • plesiosaurs & ichthyosaurs
    • cryptozoology
    I would definitely recommend subsequent events to ZooChat members living in the London area.

Crowthorne likes this.
  7. Crowthorne

If anyone is interested, Darren Naish, the author of the Tetrapod Zoology blog (out if which TetZooCon has grown), has written a blog entry about the day: The TetZooCon of 2017

The day was really enjoyable, was great to catch up with Tim and spend the day with like-minded zoology fans. There was a fun quiz, Palaeoart workshop and book signings. I left with a lot less money than I went with :p

The talk on twitter is that over 130 people went this year, making it the biggest TetZooCon so far. There are hopes that next year the con will be even bigger, maybe even a two day event. I hope to be there again!

Tim May likes this.
  8. Crowthorne

The dates for this year's TetZooCon have been announced, 6th and 7th October, back at The Venue on Malet Street.

TetZooCon

I'm undecided if I'll be going this year yet, as my train station doesn't have a service on Sundays.

Tim May likes this.
  9. Tim May

Many thanks for providing an update about this year's event. I thoroughly enjoyed the one last year; some of the talks were very interesting.

I'll try to keep the 6th and 7th October free; however, I won't commit myself to attending the two day function this October until I know more details about what is on the agenda.

Crowthorne likes this.