Join our zoo community

The art of zoo tripping

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stubeanz, 19 Dec 2012.

1. Parrotsandrew

Parrotsandrew Well-Known Member

Oh, maybe being in a relationship is not all bad then.

2. Tim Brown

Tim Brown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

A relationship will certainly cramp your zoo visiting..unless you find a girl into the same[on a par with locating a Thylacine whilst we are on the subject].I can honestly say that my need to travel the world and look at animals has cost me at least 4 relationships including my marriage!I dont wish to sound totally myopic because ive known some fantastic,and if i may say so,beautiful women-its just that their idea of a fortnight in the states is not 20 zoos and/or aquariums[not surprisingly] whereas cracking "the thousand" has become almost obsessional for me,plus i get good material for "Zoo Grapevine" as a very nice bonus!

3. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

It is possible to go on mega zoo trips if you find the right person!:)

2008- 30 zoos in one summer with my wife

2010 - 39 zoos in 46 days with my wife and 10-month daughter

2011 - 30 zoos in one summer with my wife, 20-month daughter and 2-month son

2012 - 50 zoos in 50 days with my wife, 33-month daughter and 14-month old son

2013 - No more trips! Baby #3 is on the way and so I'll probably be stuck at 180 lifetime zoos for quite some time.

4. Javan Rhino

Javan Rhino Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'd probably have gotten to Frankfurt much sooner if I could have left the missus behind, but they do have hellbender there and I know for a fact she would never ever forgive me if I did :p

5. Stacey Owen

Stacey Owen New Member

Dear old Clive Bennett was my grandfather. He loved Belle Vue, the Tropiquaria and all the animals he brought home. I do miss him