Join our zoo community

The Effect of Illusions and Perception on Zoo Design

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Tunya Chinpilas, 23 Apr 2018.

1. Tunya Chinpilas

Tunya Chinpilas New Member

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tunya Chinpilas and I am a graphic student and an aspiring Zoo Designer from the UK. I am currently working on a publication about how perception, illusions and art theories can help zoo exhibit designs alter the modern-day perception of zoos. I have published the research so far at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324662205_The_Report_of_the_The_Symposium_of_Zoo_Design and would love to have a discussion or receive any feedback in the thread below.

My aim with this publication is to be of inspiration for other people like me who either find themselves commissioned to designed zoos but have never dealt with such prompt before or people who are just plain interested. Furthermore, as Jon Coe suggests, The Zoo is moving East and therefore through my publication, I would like to raise awareness on how important Zoo Exhibitry Design is, not just for the animal and zookeeper welfare, but for conservation as a whole.

Any advice and feedback is welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

p.s. I wasn't sure which forum I should post this on so I hope I haven't posted on the wrong one!