Join our zoo community

Chester Zoo The Islands development - planning, development and build (2012-2015)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by gentle lemur, 7 Mar 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chesterchamp

Chesterchamp New Member

Its because its bank holiday weekend, nothing to do with any new opening.

CDT likes this.
  2. ChesterZooFan

ChesterZooFan Well-Known Member

How do you know this for sure?

My original post speculated that it MAY be the opening of phase 2, not a certainty. The zoo has confirmed phase 2 will open 'later in the summer' so putting 2+2 together I think it a reasonable possibility. Soon after the end of August and we are into Autumn.

The pricing structure on 27th August is exactly the same as it was on the original opening date before the zoo decided on a phased opening, when they subsequently lowered the ticket prices to reflect Islands wasn't fully open.

I would say that the Bank Holiday weekend is the perfect time to aim for phase 2 opening to encourage all the visitors who saw phase 1 to come back before the schools go back, and for the zoo the recoup some of the lost revenue from the whole project not opening on time.

I may well be wrong, and not sure if you have inside knowledge, but am hoping that it does open end of August none the less!

3. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I would be surprised if anyone knows when the Monsoon Forest will open (unless the problem(s) has/have already been solved). The zoo may aim to have it open by the end of August, but I guess they would be happy if it is possible earlier.

Alan

CDT likes this.
  4. prawnie1975

prawnie1975 Well-Known Member

The Prices always alter at certain type of the year ... everywhere does it so its not due to the New Islands opening

regarding when the rest of it opens who knows, it will be open when its completely finished

5. adrian1963

adrian1963 Well-Known Member

I would wonder why they would open towards the end of the summer holidays, I won't be surprised if phase 2 didn't open until early next year.

That way it would bring more people back to see the second phase where as if it where late August then most people would have little money left after taking there holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.