Join our zoo community

The Zoo Reviews page

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Norwegian moose, 6 Aug 2013.

1. Norwegian moose

Norwegian moose Well-Known Member

I have created this page as a place where people can post zoo reviews on the forum, with out making an own thread for that. I will maybe post reviews later, but first I am interested in reading other reviews of zoos and aquariums from fellow zoochaters.

2. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

3. Norwegian moose

Thanks @Shirokuma, but I would like people to put the whole review in this thread, not just links to them.

4. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Actually, I think it would be better if the comprehensive reviews have their own threads if people want to comment on them, since if this thread get both tons of reviews and comments, it would be hard to navigate when it reached a certain amount of pages and would be quite a confusing mishmash in general ("is that a short review or a comment? Is that a long comment or a review?"). But a link thread is a good idea.

5. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

It's a ridiculous idea to have a review thread. It would become bloated and unwieldy very quickly.

How is not more sensible to, oh I don't know, have the reviews of zoos in the geographical parts of the forum where the zoo is? You know, where people would actually expect to find them?

6. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Go easy on my 13 year old Norwegian buddy. ;)

I like the idea of a thread that aggregates links to other stand-alone threads with zoo reviews.

7. Norwegian moose

Thanks for the support nanoboy, but now I am actually 15:)

If you dont like an idea for a thread then keep that inside your head, and stop being rude to other forumsters. I have seen many threads I didnt like on Zoochat over the years, but I still dont say it to other forumsters, because they can percieve it wrong.

Well anyway, back to the point, I am now in the process of writing a review of the Copenhagen Zoo, that will be posted soon. And if other people want to post their reviews to, that would be great !

8. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

his age is irrelevant to me, it is an idea that will not work effectively in practice.

However a thread containing links to reviews would be perfectly manageable (if completely unrepresentative of all the reviews on the site....which is why it seems a tad pointless when one can easily just look in the country forums). The only real use would be for links to reviews for zoos which don't have subfolders in their country forums (and hence are not easy to find).

9. Norwegian moose

Quote @Childonias: his age is irrelevant to me, it is an idea that will not work effectively in practice.

However a thread containing links to reviews would be perfectly manageable (if completely unrepresentative of all the reviews on the site....which is why it seems a tad pointless when one can easily just look in the country forums). The only real use would be for links to reviews for zoos which don't have subfolders in their country forums (and hence are not easy to find)

Okay then we do it this way, all people that would like their reviews to be very accesible and easy to find for other, put a link for it on this thread !