Join our zoo community

Things That Irritate You in Life

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Zoofan15, 29 Jun 2017.

1. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

If I try and close a clip from anything animated it'll pause the video until I reopen it. I think if it is viewed as "educational" for children the don't want them not paying attention and looking at other things.

2. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When you’re watching an hour long documentary on YouTube, and you’ve have 5 ad breaks in the first 20 minutes.

3. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When you want to email somewhere i.e. a zoo with a query and instead of an email address, they have an online feedback form you have to fill out. After a week or two when they haven't bothered to reply, you have to rewrite your question (if you weren't smart/pessimistic enough to think to save a copy beforehand).

4. TheEthiopianWolf03

TheEthiopianWolf03 Well-Known Member

Raid shadow legends

JT and SpinyLiving like this.
  5. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

THIS THREAD IS SPONSORED BY RAID SHADOW LEGENDS

6. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

You can save money on Raid Shadow Legends by using Honey as well.

JT, SpinyLiving and Ebirah766 like this.
  7. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

and don't forget to use NordVPN despite the fact that they've been hacked before

JT, LowlandGorilla4 and SpinyLiving like this.
  8. SabineB

SabineB Well-Known Member

i 1000% support this as the most irritating thing in life besides people clipping toenails in public, shredding of dead skin from their heals around pools, just because the tissue is soft after having been in the water for a significant time. as well as excessive earwax

9. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When people sneeze multiple times. My sister and everyone on my fathers side of my family does this and it drives me up the wall; I want to yell “shut up!” Whenever they do this because I feel like people who do this are the loudest sneezers. Sneeze once, get it out of your system for good, and get on with it.

EsserWarrior likes this.
  10. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Is sneezing a voluntary action in Americans?

I'm the same with breathing. When I see people breathing I just want to yell at them "stop breathing!"

11. Imperator Furiosa

Imperator Furiosa Well-Known Member

"Lol ur a serial killer" type comments whenever I mention my plan to pursue a career in forensic anthropology. Like, you realize I'm kind of doing the opposite right? What confuses me more is that people don't get this way when I mention my freelance work as an osteologist, even though it's arguably similar.

12. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

People who complain about cute little mammals being culled but not herptiles or fish.

13. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member 5+ year member

1. When you’re at the urinal and there’s plenty of urinals, yet someone has to pee in the one next to you

2. People who take forever with their wallets at the shop. Come on, the basket is heavy!

3. Teenagers who think they’re superior (In the area where I live in Dunfermline, it’s common to see large groups of teenagers up to their weekend mischief. The air reeks of marijuana, fights are common)

4. Parents who deny their child’s actions (When I, myself saw them up to no good, but they still deny it)

5. Cars that don’t stop for you at the crosswalk

6. When I’m walking one of my six huskies, people often let their dog come up to us, even when I’m signalling them that it’s not a good idea.

14. jwer

jwer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

People who don’t take the time or effort to train their dog enough, so that they have decent social skills to be able to normally interact with other dogs? :p

Tafin, SpinyLiving and Chlidonias like this.
  15. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Pizza Party

When a pizza party has three times as much vegetarian pizza because there’s girls there and “Girls love vegetarian pizza.”

1. Only one of the girls is a vegetarian and even she’s a ‘sometimes vegetarian.’

2. Girls love vegetarian pizza only until they see something better (i.e. the pizzas with meat and bbq sauce the lads are eating).

3. The assumption you need eight vegetarian pizzas because there are eight girls doesn’t take into account that girls do this thing where they eat one slice and say they’re full. o_O

The end result:

1. A sh_tload of vegetarian pizza still in it’s original wrapping (in untouched condition). :p

2. One of the girls asks why us guys aren’t eating it (in a ‘Where are the zookeepers?’ voice).

evilmonkey239, Tafin and SpinyLiving like this.
  16. lowland anoa

lowland anoa Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Some of them are still young and learning to not pull on the leash, other dogs will make them go crazy, setting themselves back on command :p Also huskies are more difficult to train, as they have a lot of energy and act like they’re the boss

EDIT: One of my huskies named River (due to his brown and blue eyes) is quite a quick learner, a part of the reason we use three harnesses for him, as he is of a agile body shape, so he can actually get out of his harnesses. Story time: I was walking him along a path nearby to a river, when he managed to get out of his harness, he ran over to a border collie ahead of us, made friends with it but he kept running away from us so the other owner and I used his dog as a bait :p Also we often take the ones who have learnt to not pull, out with my aunt’s dog who is a Lab cross Border Collie (she is now 14, bless her) and they get along well. So I actually do try :p

Last edited: 21 Jan 2020
    Gretchen L and SpinyLiving like this.
  17. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

1. People who kiss in the hallway in high school.
    2. Narcissistic teenagers (most often female in this case) on social media who post pictures of themselves which get hundreds to thousands of likes and tons of butt-kissing comments.
    3. Animal justice warriors that condemn zoos, even if they’re officially accredited and contribute to conservation efforts.
    4. Obnoxious vegans who say stuff like “you can’t say you’re an animal lover/environmentalist if you consume animal products (frequently overlap with #3).
    5. Anti-vegans who think that all vegans must be crazy and mock them are just as bad.
    6. People who use “autistic” and “retarded” as insults.
    7. Wannabe Disney princesses who think that any cute animal is born to be a pet.

Yeah, I just... hate people.

18. Yi Qi

Yi Qi Well-Known Member

• Babies screaming on public transport, and mothers not doing anything about it.
    • People who think mocking those more pathetic then themselves is a substitute for being mature.
    • People who hate dangerous animals or think need to be killed just because they got attacked by them once, especially when it was their fault in the first place
    • Memes/Joking about how the asian kids in class are infected with the coronavirus. Its extremely bigoted, and even if it weren't, these memes are really boring, repetitive, and flat.
    • Heck, most memes today. At least with early image macros in the 2000's and early 2010's had actual effort put into them.
    • People whining about how social media is ruining our lives and we spend too much time online.
    • Parents who discipline their kids over the wrong things
    • People who cut whoever's driving me off in traffic.
    • Whenever conservatives try to say liberals share even some of the blame for their rise.

19. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I feel like most memes that teenagers like to spread around these days are offensive in some way.
    Either that or they’re just incredibly low effort and stupid (though I’d be joking if I said that I never found these ironically enjoyable).

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Feb 2020
    Yi Qi likes this.
  20. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Just a few things I have to get off my chest for a minute.
    • People either naively or maliciously posting uncut animal rights crap on conservation, animal or pet related social media pages. Some just seem to be naive animal lovers who don't see what the animal rights ideology would truly mean for them as well, but some also seem to have fully absorbed the tenets of that vicious ideology.
    • The vitriolic messages and vicious actions of the animal rights movement.
    • People who say you cannot be a person who likes or loves animals if you also eat them (or even just their products), or if you disagree with any of their views or act in any way differently than they do with regards to animals.
      I personally really like animals but I would be lying if I said I don't like meat and fish. I don't always feel totally comfortable or free of guilt about it, but I still enjoy it.
    • People who are aggressive, vicious or mean-spirited towards others about dietary choices. Most often vegans or vegetarians, but omnivores aren't exempt from this either.
    • On an entirely different topic: people who litter and inconvenience others with their trash (not to mention damaging animals and the environment as well).
    • Yet another very different topic: the continuing wet and windy weather around here.

JT and evilmonkey239 like this.